Wall mounted thermostat for Coleman Roof Air Conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleankutken

Hello...the compressor on my Coleman a/c shuts down when set temperature is reached but the fan still runs(as it should).  I would like to connect a standard external thermostat to the Coleman so the ENTIRE unit shuts down when set temperature is reached...just like a home a/c unit.  Thanks for any help.

The ducted roof top units on my Bounder operate just the way you are wanting, but I don't think it's solely due to the external thermostat.  Your ac units would require some control modifications to accept an external thermostat.

BTW - I doubt that your home unit operates exactly as you think either.  Most home heaters and coolers are designed to keep the air circulating until the plenum air reaches a certain temperature after the actual thermostat has shut off the main system.

I have the same problem and want the same results. The compressor does shut of periodically however the fan runs constantly. Since we are living here in full time while building a home (mostly alone) this A/C is driving me nuts with the constant noise and of course the constant cost factor. Surely there is a way to tap into and wire in a thermostat.  Short cycling may not be able to be over come to to the age of the RV (86 mdl 5ht whl)  that has to be accepted as a given.
          Anyone with any ideas of where else to hunt for an answer to this question ?

Not sure if this would be bad for the compressor but you could use a cheap wall mounted thermo like the furnace uses and connect it to a 120v relay that will cut the power to the unit when a desired temp is reached. Just leave the AC on high cool and it will get where you want fast and then shut off.  I would guess that the system could handle that just fine and it would be a cheap solution.

"Sorry for This to Be an off Post Fellas but I'm trying to get a hold of Mr. shakeandbake "

I tried replying to your e-mail but because I'm new I'm assuming I'm not allowed to yet. I probably haven't posted enough in this forum for the administrator to grant me my privileges :-( anyway I'm very very interested in the refrigerator.I'm probably about five hours away from you which I'm willing to travel.anyway my e-mail address is [email protected] "606-965-2744" interesting screen name you have there :) "I'm originally from California" LOL now living in Kentucky :)

Back
Top Bottom