Great Weekend at Collins Lake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Water Dog

The wife and I just got home from our favorite spring time fishing lake. Collins lake is northeast of Marysville, CA on Marysville Road off Highway 20. We arrived on Friday evening and got the boat launched and set up the MH in the open camping area (boondock) down by the dam. The lake is 100% full. At about 9 Saturday morning (we are fair weather fishermen and only fish AFTER breakfast) we started trolling at the dam and generally headed for the river inlet at the other end of the lake using flashers and nightcrawlers on my rod and flashers and a Rapala on the wifes (she doesn't do worms...!). The fish finder was indicating fish running between 5 and 10 feet down so I rigged mine on one of the the downriggers at 7' and she guessed.

Just past the marina I picked up our first hit and reeled in a nice fat 2 pound Rainbow. Not long after that we got into a little shallower water and my wife snagged on someones old rigging. She reeled in and had a silver dodger with a purple plastic nymph trailing it. The nymph had a small piece of worm still on it. She decided to make use of the new found hardware and trailed the whole set up behind her flashers plus added some white power bait to the nymph to keep the worm piece company. I tried to tell her she would probably scare the fish away with that 6 feet of hardware, but she wasn't hearing it, and in the next five minutes she was pulling in her own 2 pounder with her new invention.

We wound up catching 11 fish Saturday and Sunday and had 70 to 80 degree days and nice flat water.....Couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom