REPLACING REEFER IN RV...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

460ROGER

HAS ANYONE FOUND A NICE DOMESTIC REFRIGERATOR TO RPLACE THE RV  REEFERS... A CONVENTIONAL REEFER LIKE AT YOUR HOUSE ?????? The new ATWOOD Helium is $1200.00 a house reefer is $350.00.. How many of us retiree's Dry camp anymore... Those days went out when we had the kids to take everywhere..
I heard there is an LG reefer SS that looks great... Anyone have any Ideas ????? 8)

The topic has been discussed quite often on here.  Have to tried to search for "residential refrigerator"?

Paul

We have a 22 cubic  foot Whirlpool.  Love the  size and reliability.  We have enough batteries to dry camp as well.  That's why we have a generator.

One of  the deciding factors for us was a unit that fit into the space we had.  We did have some  cabinetry modifications  and the refrig came in through the windshield.  We do not miss that old pricey  Norcold one tiny tiny bit! 

I'm still trying to find an "apartment" model that will fit the gaping hole my RV now has, where the fridge used to be.  I too decided that there was no way I would pay upwards of $1000 for a repair or replacement to the RV fridge when it died.  A residential electric-only model will go in there as soon as I find one decently priced.

My 5er came equipped with a 15 cu ft Maytag residential. It is powered by an 800 watt power inverter when not shorelined or generator powered.

I replaced one in a travel trailer with a residential unit I bought at Lowes..$300 ..it had gobs of more fridge and freezer space and I no longer worry about defrosting too..
As has been said measure carefully and often there's a need for some wood modification and don't forget to anchor the unit. I had to remove the door to get it in the door... but after it was in it was just a matter of horsing it in place..Also had to cut away the top of the cabinet but that was unused space and let me but as larger unit.
The new units are very frugal in electric use. I think I would change my units out to all electric if/when they go to reefer heaven.

George

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom