Toad for a View

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IslandGuy

Been looking for a Tracker/Sidekick to tow with my 10 WGO View. Finally found a 98 4wd 5 sp that is very clean. No rust one owner plus it was already set up to tow! Tracker has 115k on the odometer. It is a hardtop but came with a brand new soft top that was hardly used. It has all of the plastic piece parts for the soft top as well (you can't buy these pieces any longer).
OK so the Tracker has a 4 wire flat plug for its lights and has a Roadmaster base plate. But it does not have the 2 brackets that slide into the receivers. I have looked on CL for a Stowmaster towbar since that is what was on the Tracker originally. I was able to contact the original owner and he filled me in on the vehicle. He sold the Stowmaster with the brackets...now I have to go out and purchase the brackets which I understand are matched with the baseplate...
Roadmaster tells me it will take them at least 2 weeks to manufacture at a price of ~$150. Found a shop, (Torklift Central in Kent, WA) that will fabricate the brackets while I am there. Will then look at what towbar to purchase...have not decided on a Roadmaster or a Blue Ox.
Also I asked the previous owner what he use for supplemental braking...he said nothing! He towed the Tracker 60k miles!

Jim

Island Guy:  I'm just up the road from you on the North end.  I just sold my 92 Tercel and got a Focus all set for towing. So, I have a tow bar and some brackets just taking up space.  Send me a PM and maybe we can set you up.

Back
Top Bottom