Any advice driving Motorhome from Saratoga NY to near Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbone

We are camping near Lake George for a few days then motoring to New Hampshire (Danforth Bay Resort) near lake Winnipesaukee. Our trip tick from AAA takes us north to Burlington, then south east. It seem mush faster to go across country on Route 4 thru Vermont. We have a class a, does anyone know if this is a route we can navigate?? thx

Lived in Vermont for a long time.  Going to Burlington from Lake George and then south seems like a long way to get there.  It sounds like AAA gave you interstate roads.  Route 4 is not a bad ride.  Most of it is two lane state highway except for a short four lane run from the NY border to Rutland, VT.  Rutland to White River Junction takes you over the Green Mountains, so there are some decent hills, but I have been that way with my coach several times.  I am a little sketchy on what to do once you get to White River, but that might be a good time to go with what AAA says.

From White River Jct. take Rte 89 s to New London. Take exit to Rte 11 East Thru Andover then pkup rte 4 to Danbury and then Rte 104 to Merideth. Nice roads, very scenic. Obey the speed limits.  Those Cops are bad!! ( I am retired Police Chief in that area.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom