Alaska with the Brewer's 06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John,

Russ doesn't post to the map, he's an Apple user, so no software.

John Canfield said:
- we will be near Jasper this afternoon.? What is your Datastorm user number?

John,

Russ has a Motosat and we don't think he has a data storm user number a he ONLY works on a Mac computer.

Betty

Oops, almost forgot to include a link to Ned & Lorna's trip report and cost summary. They're also showcased on our web site.

Thanks - that explains why I couldn't find him on the map!  Among the computing stable on the coach is a 12" Powerbook - it is a nice little machine but unfortunately it is a Windows world  :-\ - there is no GPS mapping software written for the MAC (currently), my VPSpc engine instrumentation is Windows only, etc, etc.  I hate to give Bill any more money, but what are you going to do!?

Thanks you, all five of you!

Reading all these messages made me realize I most likely will never get back to Alaska, so yesterday I started with message one and d/l all the pictures I hadn't earlier.My memories will always liv on when I look at them.

This old chechako loved every mile.

Betty, you're a precious gift to our forum and a beloved member of our framily!

Jim Dick will tease me for saying this ..... but, who would believe?  ;)

Tom was backing the motorhome out of the service bay at the Bar B shop near Pilot in West Des Moines after our pre-trip service when who should pull in right behind us but Russ Mahoney.  He rather resembled a grizzly bear and so did his motorhome.  He was on his way to the wash bays.  I only miscalculated his ETA by two days! 

Welcome home Russ.  Call us for breakfast when your schedule allows. :) 

Margi

OK,
I will admit, I have missed all of you.  I thought I would give you and update.  We have 2 new tires, courtesy of Les Schwab.  We have a recovered new sofa, Courtesy of Countryside Interiors in Oregon.  We have new silverleaf capabilities, courtesy of Silver leaf Electronics.  We have a heater that works sort of, courtesy of Frontier RV Repair in Oregon.  Our cabin in Idaho is winterized and we  are headed south toward Yuma.

On a perfectly good  Interstate Highway in Montana on a clear day, we were passed by a pick up towing a small boat.  He kicked up a rock that hit the drivers windshield smack dab in the middle.  Right in the line of sight.  We have a starry quarter size rock chip.  We traveled some terrible roads in Alaska and were saved, but  here in USA just before arriving home, we were hit.  We had planned on  replacing a windshield and "thought " we made it  but no such luck. We'll try a rock chip repair first then see if it needs further help. The chip is only one third the size of the one Russ got in AK  I am just happy it was not a hawk! 

Betty

We had both windshields in the motor home and the one in the Honda replaced last week.  Of course, none of the cracks and chips happened on the Alaska trip this summer.  We too, had a rock chip on the driver's side coming from MT a few weeks ago, and the other two had cracked before we left AZ last spring.

Welcome home.

LOL

We have 2 chips in the RV windshield and 2 huge cracks in the car - only one of the four was done in Alaska!

As our yearly insurance is $1800 for the RV and $3000 (!!) for the car, it looks like we will have to wait until just before we return to the UK in April as the RV is due for renewal in Feb and we don't want to think of what increase they might add if we claim this year.

Paul

Paul,

I assume you have windshield coverage on your insurance policy  ???  Some companies issue separate windshield coverage with an added premium. You might want to check before renewing.

Tom

For the price we're paying I think they should not only replace the windshields but also send someone to clean them every week  ;D

Thanks for the info - I will check on that later.

Paul

Paul,

FYI we had windshields replaced on various cars without it affecting our renewal premium. That might be something you could ask your insurance agent, like a "what if?" question.

I asked Progressive about the impact on premiums for a windshield claim and was told that Comprehensive claims do not affect premium.

Smoky said:
Did you make it to Davis cabinets?? We had hoped to hear from you guys after you got there but never did.

Smoky,

We spent a week in Junction City and drove by Davis several times.  Never saw your rig so assumed you were at the coast.  We were pretty busy with our Oregon errands.  See you in Quartzsite!
Betty

Ah OK Betty.  Yes you arrived there after we left.  We thought maybe you were going on to the coast but I guess you guys took the direct route back to Arizona.  See you in Qz!

Hi, My wife and I plan to go to Alaska and stay several months. I have enjoyed reading the travelogue and looking at the pictures. I would love to be able to get the narrative of the trip without the replies and comments so many have made. That way I could print it out. Is there some way this can be done? My email address is [email protected] .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom