Need locking gas shock for Island - any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvleemin

I have a 2005 Itasca Horizon 40AD and it has the slide out island/galley. It currently does not lock which means I have to use duct tape to hold it down so it doesn't slide out when we're driving.

I took it all a part, and found out that the gas shock is missing. Looking at the parts manual, the part number is 151544-01-000 EA SPRING/GAS - LOCKING - W/O RELEASE HEAD - SLIDING GALLEY.

When I got a quote for it, it was about $175! All it really is is a locking gas shock, so that seems ridiculously expensive.

My question is, does anyone know of another place to buy a locking gas shock? And does anyone know the dimensions of the stock replacement shock?

Thanks,

Darryl

Ours wouldn't stay locked when retracted, Winnie FS repaired it, then a year later it failed again and FS took another shot at it - so far so good this time.

Let me see what I can find out.

Our 2004 40AD has only a twist lock on the galley slide out, just like the lock on the bedroom TV swing out cabinet.  It seems to secure the galley slideout just fine while in motion.  I don't believe there is any gas cylinder on mine, but I'll check over the weekend when I'm near the coach.  Maybe you could retrofit a twist lock.

Back
Top Bottom