Flowjet wiring help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WmMike

I recently purchased a Flojet portable waste pump Model 18555-000. I wish the pump came wired up with a regular plug or adapter to plug into the regular plug inside of the camper. Is there any way I could wire this so I can plug it into a regular camper outlet? I don't have a battery, and if I bought one, the battery terminals are on the opposite side of the camper (about 30ft). The pump only includes 6ft of wire. I have no wiring experience at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Since the pump is designed to run from 12VDC, you'll need a battery to power it.  According to the data sheet, it apparently comes with a fused switch and all wiring necessary to connect it to a 20A source of power from the battery.

We use a macerator as well, have been (dumped full load last weekend) using a jump box for the 12V and pumping through a 100' garden hose.  Much easier without the previous ordeal with jumper cables run to the onboard battery in the front compartment.

Thanks for the replies. What kind of jump box do you recommend? Is there a certain amp or peak power that it should be? I wasn't aware that jump boxes supplied a continuous current. What kinda price range are we talking about here? Probably be cheaper to just get a battery although the jump box sounds like the easier way to go.

The Flojet will draw near 20 amps for several minutes (time and max amps depends on the size of the tank being emptied and the size of the discharge hose).

NO, there is not.. The unit uses a 20 amp fuse, the regular 12 volt convinence outlet in the camper is not up to that kind of load, you stand a real good chance of damage if you try that.

So what did I do.. Anderson power poles.

You can run a 10ga flexible wire (Stranded wire) pair from  your main fuse block to the wet bay (In my case it's an added compartment above the wet bay) and put anderson power poles on the end of it... NOTE: I got my 40 amp rated power poles at West Mountain Radio.. But you can get heavy duty (Like 100 amp rated) at NAPPA. They are bigger.. Mine are nice.. I buy 'em by the dozens.

I too have installed this pump.  Ran the shipped wire harness to a take off point near the front where all the 12V wires go....straight into the batteries.
Look around underneath or near the pump for a possible jump point.
In my case, it was near the 12v disconnect.  Just wire tied the 10ga wires along the frame.
We all start learning 12v electrical by experimenting.  Buy a good DVOM, it will save you a lot of grief.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom