20 years of RV's....but still have Newbie questions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davescrate

I have a 36' Newmar Kountry star 5'er with carpeted ceilings. I need to replace the AC filter. there is no AC return filter hosing thats always in RV's that I've had.
Its a ducted vent AND return system....return and vent ducts in bedroom, bath kitchen and salon. I have searched the internet and everywhere else I can find, and no one seems to know.
I pulled the shroud off the roof, and nothing close to obvious there.
Do i need to figure out how to pull these carpeted ceilings down to find a filter???
Any help would be appreciated!

My return air filters were in the inlet vents, they were small about 6" dia  foam on every intake .

You can get the filters from Newmar.  IF you go to the Newmar owners list on Yahoo,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newmarowners/ and ask if someone is at Newmar, they can get them and send them to you.  If they are a member of the Newmar Kountry Klub, they will get a discount and after you pay them for the filters and the postage, they will cost about the retail price.  Or call a Newmar dealer and have them drop shipped to you.  I usually use Capital RV in Bismarck ND for this.  Nice people to deal with but I am prejudiced as I bought my MH from them in 2001 and I get treated like a long lost family member.  I can't hurt to mention my name when you are talking to the parts people.  :)

davescrate said:
Great....so its been running without any filters....that cant be good

Actually the ducts are fairly easy to clean.  I put my shop vacuum hose in the last opening in a duct and pull an old t-shirt through the duct with my snake, I have an electricians snake with the vacuum on.  Then I reverse the vacuum and pull the T shirt through again and keep repeating till the duct is clean.  Then I do the other one.  I have done this about 2 years ago but the ducts were pretty clean after 2X. 

I clean the filters as needed.  I inspect them about once every 2 to 4 weeks.  Usually SWMBO tells me to clean them before I check.    :)

Back
Top Bottom