Where is the ESN for the Cummins Diesel - 2005 Itasca Horizon 40ad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvleemin

I was looking to register my cummins engine in my 2005 Itasca Horizon 40ad, and on the site(http://cumminsengines.com/every/everytime.page) it asks for my ESN.  According to the site, here's how to get the ESN:
------------------------------------
The dataplate is located on the top side of the gear housing. It includes the following engine data:
Engine Serial Number (ESN)
Critical Parts List (CPL)
Model
Horsepower and RPM rating
If the engine dataplate is not readable, the ESN can be found on the engine block on top of the lubricating oil cooler housing. Additional engine information is on the electronic control module (ECM) dataplate.
--------------------------------------------

So yesterday I went looking for it.  I could not find it . . .

Is anyone able to provide some more specific details on where it is located, and how to get at it?

Thanks,

Darryl

You could call Freightliner Custom Chassis and give them your VIN # and they would be able to give you the engine serial number on your chassis.

Pete

Also check under the front hood over the generator.  I would expect that you'll find a Freightliner data sheet on the firewall on the passenger side--that should list VIN, engine serial number, transmission serial number, etc.

The data plate is hard to see on most ISL installations. Maybe impossible with some rear radiator configurations. The call to Freightliner may be the easiest answer.

Back
Top Bottom