Re: 2006 Southeast Fall Rally Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Gary:

When you get a site reserved how about letting us know the number for us to get nearby.

We have a reservation but no site number. The Georgia Park System generally does not reserve by site number, just by quanity of sites of a particular type/size.  Site selection is first come, first served, as Joel stated.  Nancy & I will arrive on the 19th and look around for a likely-looking site, preferably with numerous vacant sites near by. The rest of you will have to look for our rig or ask for our site number when you register.

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately we have made other plans for that time in October. We will be sorry to miss your rally as it is always a great time. Hope to see you during the winter!

We have our reservations made. Hopefully nothing will happen to keep us from going this year.

Dave

Gary,

Just made our reservations. Will be coming in on the 20th and leaving on the 26th. Will be at the end of a long trip to Texas, so will be ready to decompress (before getting home to hundreds of emails)!

David & Joanne Derway

I'll bring it up to the committee.  (Jolene)  That is actually within striking distance for us, although we wouldn't be able to stay the whole time. 

Trying to get away a couple days each month to keep my pancake flipping up to snuff.

Great, Bill. Would love to see you folks and have an opportunity to get to know you two better. I think the last (and first) time we met was in Scarborough, Maine in 2000? There was such a large gang there I don't think we ever got to talk.

Back in Maine we only got talked about, as in, when will Bill & Jolene get here?  My golks were there, and our plan was to be there, but I was in the midst of a software conversion that wasn't going well.  Bunch of hardware problems, some worker resistance etc and I never saw a day off that entire month. 

So, if we can make it, it will be our first meeting.  We have hooked up with some of the folks at outher NE get togethers however.

Now I have t check the daye once more, I was just scheduled for a factory tour at Tiffin on the 11, 12th of Oct.  Now to go back and figure these dates.

Just chkd (9:20pm Saturday the 16th and they say they have sites available starting the Oct 20 for 5 nites....I think that take us to the 25th  (last day of rally.  We will decide in the next day or so....
Our US-2 trip from Mich. to W. State and then down 101 has been cancelled for this year by my gall blader.  I am going to get that thing out on the 19th.  I want to get it before it gets me again.
Our daughter is finishing up ...pray, pray pray....her Phd and is still in Athens, Ga.  So we would just drive from Mich to Ga. for a mini vacation and visit her AND OUR NEW 4 mo. GRANDDAUGHTER on the way home.
Joanne is thinking...and so am I.    Stay tuned.
Do I have the number of nights right??????????

Thanks for doing all the planning....

Gary,

Well, sorry to say we will not be at this years Southeast Fall Rally.  Joanne is flying down to Athens, Ga. for a 10 day visit soon so can't justify coming down again (1800 miles round trip) just a few weeks later.  Will probably look at the fall colors along the shore of Lake Michigan instead and kick some beach sand.

Hope you have good weather and a great rally.

Maybe we will come down in January or Fedruary and check out those barrier islands.  Have never been there.

Man how plans change and change and change.  I went in on the 19th for a 'simple' gall bladder operation.  Four small holes out in 4 hours....  Operation when OK but after a day at home I was in E.R. for 7 hours and then in a ICU unit for 3 days.  Reacted to two different anti-biodics and have small clot on lung.  Can't think of what it would be like if one was on the road and have this happen.  Much nicer at home with family, friends, and large hospital.  I am sure there are some "good" road stories out there and how to handle them.  We could have been in some small town in the mountains along U.S.-2. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Certainly glad you are doing better and back amongst us.  Take care

Was that Len or Jo? Sure sounds like a nightmare. Glad you are home near friends and relatives.

Hi Tom,

Oh I see by the way we sign you can't tell Jo from Len.  It was me, Len who had the attack.  I was the one who thought he was in ER for 2-3 hours but it was Jo who really knew that I was there from 6am to 3pm.  So, it was my body but her mind.  I am really starting to feel very good now.  I do look like an overblown tractor innnertube but that will (AND IS) passing.  ::)  I went in weighing 200 lbs and came home weighing 229 lbs :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:  I can hear the ocean serf breaking when I move. They really pumped me full of liquids to get my pressure up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom