Things you wouldn't leave home without

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akwolfes

What are some of the goodies you've found over the years that you take everywhere? Not the have to have's but the want to have's.

ice.

seriously. 

food is way more important than ice, but melted bagged ice is getting tiresome

akwolfes said:
What are some of the goodies you've found over the years that you take everywhere? Not the have to have's but the want to have's.

extra $$ to rent the "want to have's"; so we don't have to cart them around forever.  Even so, DW loves her electric wine opener, bicycle and 5+ pr of shoes.  I gotta have a nice hat to wear, too.

A firearm along with my CCW permit.

The sad thing is that now that I am a Retired USAF Member, if I take item #1 above, I cannot legally use the FAMCAMPS around the nation.

I either have to play by the rules or be unprotected 99% of the time that I would be off a military installation.

Oly

Toaster

Channel locks for hose connections that leak in campground and then getting them undone again!

I love ICE, so now I have an icemaker in the motorhome if I ever get to go and now I have a W/D, love them

A couple of padded mats to kneel on in case I have to to do my hookups

Next post reminded, Sirius Radio, gotta have that

Hair dryer

I'm with Marsha ... DH and all his tools. And, of course, all our electronic gizmos (computers, internet dish, satellite receiver, yada-yada.....). Oh, and books !

Wendy

Coach_Frank said:
Hey Paul,

Are reusable ice cubes better than making ice with trays?  Do they keep your drink cold, long enough?

We use them primarily for adult beverages.  The cubes generally last for a couple of drinks or so, which is usually plenty long enough. 

Paul

My cameras and sat. tv. Oh, and I never go anywhere without a fishing pole....

WiFi. I can live without Tv but need my WiFi. Bought a NS2 directional antenna and now I get it in the MH. No more going to the CG office or McDonald's.
My tools, wouldn't leave home without them.
DW, wouldn't leave home without her either.  :)

MS streets & trips on your laptop with a Holux GR213-U GPS rec. for about $35 and you are set. You can actually see the screen of the laptop too, as compared to a 5" unit!

My Willa......... would not leave home without her.  She smells nice, cooks wonderfully, is soft and warm on a cold nite, a ''wonderful cuddler'',  she is most beautiful and some think she is my daughter, and she can drive the coach and I would be lost without her. She is my love and my life, my best friend, my wife, and without her, I would be nothing ......... nuff said ....cj...

Did you know that if there were not Vets there would be no freedoms ...........cj....

captsteve said:
DW and the Furry kids...what else in life do you really need.

Well...a good 6 pack of beer comes to mind! Oh wait, with the DW along, better make it a 12.

I am a new RVer but can provide an idea regarding ice.  I have a deer rack that attaches to my 2" receiver.  I tied down a large cooler to the rack.  Two bags of ice will last a few days.  Head to the campsite shop and replenish as needed. I store all of my beverages of choice and they are cold 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom