AT&T Elevate 4G Hotspot - User Experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
I just upgraded my AT&T MiFi to the 4G Elevate and now wonder if that was a mistake. My Medialink MWN-USB54G adapter, which is the only bulletproof adapter that works with my Verizon MIFI 2200, does not seem to be able to hold the connection.

I also read some complaints about the fact it will not work with Cisco VPN which is a requirement for me, and if it doesn't, there's going to be a lot of unhappy business users.

If you are using this new hotspot, let me know which type of adapters you are using to get connected. I have no problem using what works. What I have now is too iffy.

A lot of our customers use a WiFi as WAN router to associate the connection to the Elevate. If you go this route you'll need to make a few changes because the feature won't work out of the box. In regards to your VPN you'll likely have issues because you're using two separate firewalls (Router & Elevate) plus AT&T blocks a variety of ports unless you have an i2Gold account.

Matt,

I am more than a little put out, since my 3G AT&T MiFi had no trouble with the Cisco VPN. The 4G unit puts me out of business. I am going to have to revert to the original MiFi until they sort this out. Cisco VPN connections are what Fortune 1000 companies use and it puts a lot of traveling and remote users off the network if the 4G won't support that.

Back
Top Bottom