How to buy a Class A motorhome for export?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david_norway

Hello, I'm David from Norway.

I've always wanted to live more simple, and i have been playing with the idea of a class A motorhome for whole year housing.
But for me to search the classifieds and find a decent candidate are a little difficult.

What i would like:
  • From 35ft and up
  • winter insulated
  • one jumbo slide or 2-3 normal slides
  • price limit $35 000
  • ability to connect city water

Not a must - but a wish:
  • Diesel engine
  • auto leveling jacks
  • 80' and 90's colors not much appreciated  ;D

All suggestions and tips warmly welcome

My recollection is that Norway is on a similar latitude as that of Alaska and northern Canada.  I would question the ability of any winterized unit to be able to withstand the temps it would be exposed to.  An endless supply of propane and some sort of insulation to block air movement under the rig may help but your proposal would not be my choice.

If you are going to buy in the US and sell before going home OK  But if you plan to ship it back to Europe Be careful.  US made vehicles do not confirm to most if any European laws regarding window glass or head lights, running lights, parking lights.  It might just cost you a whole bunch to convert it over and in most cases they will not clear it from customs untill it confirms to Euro standards.  Plus everything will be 120volt 60 cycle.

You would probably be far better off to buy one of the Euro units made on a Benz chassis.

Temps here at the coast goes down to -10 celsius. But it can be windy. Summer 10-25 celsius.

Not thinking of registering as motor vehicle, just using temporary plates to move

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom