199 HOLIDAY RAMBLER SATELITE TV WIRE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobbydee

JUST PURCHASED A 99 HOLIDAY RAMBLER VACATIONER.  THERE IS A CABLE OVERHEAD OF DRIVERS SEAT FOR SATELLITE TV.  HAVE NO CLUE WHERE THE OTHER END OF THE CABLE IS.  CAN ANYONE HELP

Do you have a satellite antenna/dish on the roof?

Maybe your HR was pre-wired for one? Many RVs are.

NO DOUBT IT WAS PRE WIRED AS ALL CABLES ARE PROFESSIONALLY LABELED eg FRONT TV -  REAR TV -  PATIO AND SATELLITE. 

THERE IS A CABLE CONNECTION LOCATED IN THE LEFT REAR BASEMENT COMPARTMENT.  IT ALSO HAS A CONNECTION  CALLED PATIO IN THE BASEMENT COMPARTMENT LOCATED IMMEDIATELY TO THE LEFT OF THE ENTRY DOOR.

AGAIN THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS LOCATING THE OTHER END OF THE CABLE LABELED SATELLITE WHICH IS LOCATED IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE DASH MOUNTED TV.

THERE IS NO OBVIOUS CONNECTION ANY WHERE TO BE SEEN ON THE ROOF IT SELF.

STILL STUMPED.          BOBBYDEE

... THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS LOCATING THE OTHER END OF THE CABLE LABELED SATELLITE WHICH IS LOCATED IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE DASH MOUNTED TV. THERE IS NO OBVIOUS CONNECTION ANY WHERE TO BE SEEN ON THE ROOF IT SELF.

Some folks have reported finding the other end in the ceiling at or near a light or other ceiling fixture. If you don't get a reply here from someone with the same RV, you might want to look for the same model at campgrounds you visit.

Any chance you could turn off the caps lock on your keyboard? Messages typed all in uppercase are tough to read, and are also considered in the online world to be the equivalent of shouting. Thanks.

Often the other end is coiled in a cavity under the roof covering. In many units there is a decal on the roof showing dish installers where to cut to find the cable to connect to a dish.

Good catch Clay, I forgot about the indicators sometimes (often) placed on the roof.

...or perhaps down below near the cable TV entrance, to be used for a portable dish....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom