Early Quartzite suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Already Sharon and I are looking forward to Quartzite.  We hope others are as well.

Last year some of us brought golf clubs and we had a terrific time at Emerald Canyon.  After we returned I learned there were other golfers at the rally besides the 4 of us who went golfing.  Jeff and Shayne some to mind.

How about if next January we plan to have more than 4 people go?  It does not have to be an even foursome.  If 5 go, we can have a twosome and a threesome.  If 6, two threesomes, etc.  There should not have to be a limit on the number of players.

We found bringing a bag of clubs to be no burden at all, and the trip to Emerald Canyon is pleasant, scenic, and just the right distance for a good conversation up and back.  The course itself is incredibly fun to play as it actually is in a canyon and the holes are quite unusual, and the course is in great condition.  And as a coupe of us found, sometimes you can be in bounds, and not able to hit your golf ball.  :eek:

Who is up for golfing at QZ this coming January?

I am.

Sign me up. After playing Geneva National's Gary Player Course Wednesday I'm ready for anything. ???

Great guys!  Hope we get a bunch more!  And Ron you gots to come as I think you are the one who knows how to get us the tee times there.  ;D

Smoky  All you have to do now is convince Audrey to return to the Q  You need help from Ron, Ned, Russ, Betty, Terry, Lorna, and all the rest I think.  Now she wants me to sell the RV  52 years and I still can't figure her out.

If we're there, we won't be playing. I can't think of a sport we'd want to play less. Maybe speed skating  ???

But, I respect the fact that everyone has different interests. It's just a shame that a number of my golfing friends don't have the same perspective.

I once had a boss who was a golfing nut and insisted on holding "executive retreats" at a golf resort. Golf would typically be played on the 2nd/3rd days and I'd be left cooling my heels (more like cooling my temper). I finally suggested they play golf at the beginning or end of the week and I would not attend those days. That worked out much better for me!

Tom:

Maybe you just have not played with the right folks? ?

The QZ folks are terrific and a fun group to play with. ?We had a blast this year. ?The game itself is incidental to the fellowship with a group like ours. ?If you have clubs we won't forgive you if you don't bring them. ...joking... ?;D

But you are right, of course, about the wide spectrum of interests. ?That is what I like about the QZ experience. ?Some like golfing, some fishing, some running there SUVS up and down the mountains, some like karaoke or barbershop ?;D, some story telling, some like sipping single malts, some like stepping on single malts and knocking them over, some like ?hiking, some play with their dogs, some play with their cats, some go into QZ to see the RV show .... but at the end of the day all of this framily ends up at the campfire, each with a tale to be told while we watch the sun setting and the fire glowing.

QZ is real and it is for all!

Smoky said:
Maybe you just have not played with the right folks?

That may be part of the problem Smoky. I have to admit that, other than whacking some balls around a putting green when I was a kid, I've never played the sport. It's just something that hasn't appealed to either Chris or me.

I used to watch a lot of golf on TV many years ago, but the BS I've heard from golfers I worked or socialized with over the years somehow turned me off the sport before I got started.

Tom said "If we're there, we won't be playing. I can't think of a sport we'd want to play less. Maybe speed skating  Huh"

I Second that emotion.  The one time I was given a golf club membership... I burned it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom