Gabriel's alumni, let's hear from you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Maxwell

Moderator Emeritus
Smokey: We stayed 3 days there and took a ride up to Santa Fe and lunch at Gabriel's meeting a Sande Fe friend.  Gabriel's is by far the best Mexican restaurant I have ever eaten in within the United States.  Anyone else know that place?

Smokey we lived 1/4 mile north of Gabriel's, west of the highway, on the Tesuque Bosque. The 2nd night it was opened, we were there. Since then, we've recommended it to all our framily and friends and there are many alumni here.

The last time I saw Don Jordan was at a framily gathering there prior to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival [which you also need to attend.]

Tonight, I just finished setting dinner plans at Gabriel's with some new friends from NYC/CT for Saturday,6/17 at 6 PM. Any RV Forum members and framily are invited to stop by and say hello. I recommend the best restaurant guacamole I've every tasted. Right, Russ?

Smokey, if you ever get to Alb again and don't get down here . . .  All kiding aside, we'd love to see you two!

Hi to both of you,

I hope Bev is enjoying the hat.? I think I know how you got so many!? VBG

We were in too much of a hurry this trip and didn't do Gabrial's and a few other things we wanted to do but then maybe we will sell the house yet!

As stated the place is about the best we have ever been to for Mexican.? There were a couple on El Paso when I was stationed there 50 years ago but they were gone when we were there a few years ago so Gabrial's wins!!

Best Regards,

Pat & Jim

Bob:

There is a good chance we will be passing your way next spring when we head east again. ?Sharon has never been to Sante Fe and wants to go there badly.

I am surprised (and pleased) that others here have been to Gabriel's. ?In my 2003 trip a friend of mine from another CompuServe forum, Harold Melnick, invited me to stop by for lunch at Gabriel's, telling me it was a great Mexican restaurant. ?I told him I did not like Mexican food. ?He insisted that I try it despite my reluctance for the cuisine. ?I am glad I was talked into it. ?The food is so good there it defies any kind of ethnic preference. ?One of the things we had was the guacamole salad they prepare at your table. ?I could have dined on that alone for the next month! ? :D ?I also love the decor and the structure of the restaurant. ?You are never quite sure whether you are indoors or outdoors. ?

p.s.  This is weird.  I posted the previous reply about an hour ago.

Later I saw that someone had posted since I posted (Jim).  I looked at the thread again and my post was not there.

Being curious, I used the back arrow on my explorer and went through about 20 pages and got back to where my message was.  From all I can see it should have been posted.  I even hit the post button again and this time it worked.  Strange.  At least I found out you can back page a long way back on your explorer session.  I have no idea what the limit is.

Smoky said:
I even hit the post button again and this time it worked.

Smoky, that wouldn't happen if the message had been posted; The forum software would warn you that you'd already posted the message. FWIW I have an option in my profile set so that, after posting, my screen returns to the topic so I always know if the message posted. This also allows me to confirm that I posted what I'd intended to post. The setting can be found by clicking Profile|Look and layout preferences|Return to topics after posting by default.

... I found out you can back page a long way back on your explorer session.  I have no idea what the limit is.

The page back trick is something I've tried to explain to folks repeatedly.

Maxwell's took me to Gabriel's many years ago. The guacamole is the best I ever had.

Tom said:
FWIW I have an option in my profile set so that, after posting, my screen returns to the topic so I always know if the message posted. This also allows me to confirm that I posted what I'd intended to post. The setting can be found by clicking Profile|Look and layout preferences|Return to topics after posting by default.The page back trick is something I've tried to explain to folks repeatedly.

Hey Tom,
Thanks for this trick.? I had been searching for my posts after making them.? This sure simplifies my use of forum.

We have been to Gabriel's and the presentation of diced avocados at the table is wonderful entertainment but be warned , it could spoil your dinner if you eat too much of it!

Betty

Hi Betty,

Glad the trick helps.

I'm following your trip log and photos with interest and anticipation that we might make the trip next year.

Gabriel's, YUM!!  We went there with Bob and Bev Maxwell.  Hope to go again, really soon. We will be in New Mexico  tomorrow.  :D  :D

Jack and Liz

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom