Made the front page

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Five of the ukulele band, including yours truly, were on vacation when a group photo was taken during a recent performance at a local assisted living facility. A picture was taken of five of us during Tuesday's practice, and was Photoshopped into the group picture (not by me). The add-in isn't very good, and I'm trying to get hold of Tuesday's pictures so I can try to do a better job. I also need to change the aspect ratio, which might mean 'moving' some folks in the original picture.

The group picture is the header image on the band's web site. I was just kidding about "made the front page"; I'm their webmaster and secretary/PR person, and decide what goes on the front/home page  ;)

This was a group of approx 11 players when I joined last June. We've succeeded in creating interest in the community and bringing in new players, largely due to the efforts and reputation of our talented new Music Director; He's a long-time friend/acquaintance and the Music Director for a local mixed chorus (70+ voices), and he also plays guitar &/or banjo in a folk group. We hope that our first public concert next week attracts a few more players and wannabes (we offer uke classes).

FWIW not everyone in the picture plays a uke; We have a couple of folks who play guitar, one of whom alternates between washboard and harmonica. One of the uke players plays a gut bucket for a few of the numbers (makes a great base sound). We also have a couple of hula dancers, one of whom is Hawaiian and a wonderful uke player. The other hula dancer is not in the picture.

Some of the folks have played uke for 60 years, and I'm wondering if I'll ever catch up  :(

Playing the ukulele has introduced me to an instrument I can take along in the coach, and has introduced me to music and songs I would never have otherwise played or sung.

Back
Top Bottom