Road Life to Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roadlife said:
We stayed at Oceanview RV park in Haines - their Saturday night dungeness crab feed and potluck was really really good.  We loved Haines too.  We are in Skagway now - in the overflow section of Pullen RV park in the parking lot facing the harbor and cruise ships. 
Almost all the shops and businesses in Skagway are owned by the cruise ship companies.  Money pours into the town but pours right out again.  They get jobs and the taxes paid by the cruise lines.  Doesn't seem fair.  We took the White Pass and Yukon Railway trip today - Chuck was in heaven.  Great views.

About Bettles - We flew to Bettles - had a toursaver two-for-one coupon and did three days two nights for $1250.  I'm glad we did it.  Would I do it again?  Probably not, but Chuck would. :)  Another couple we met did the tour you are taking and absolutely loved it.  Have Fun!!!

We were at that park from 7/31 to 8/7 in site 12 (we had the red Saturn Vue). It's a great park. We had a crab potluck 3 times in the week we were there. We had never had that kind of crab before. It's now one of our favorites!

Time Flies!

Haines to Skagway, then down to Hyder, home of the bears.  Fish fear them.  Fish Creek in Hyder was full of salmon and Jaws the bear was out to play catch.  Glacier highway was stunning, and then it's a beautiful drive down to the USA.  We cross the border tomorrow into Washington.  Did that sound fast?  Sure felt like it.  I can't believe it is over.  Alaska was sure somethin'! as my grandpa would have said. 

I've never done a blog before and it was a fun experience.  Especially reading everyone else's blogs in tandem!!  In a few days or a week I'll sit down and do my reflections on Alaska.  Then think about a more sedate journal for the journey back east.  Thanks everyone for all your kind comments and sharing your experiences with me.

I really have enjoyed your Blog.  I think you did an outstanding job of putting your trip into words.  Between you, Betty and Sarge I feel like I have been there. (well, almost :-\)  Really enjoyed it!

Robin

Good job on your blog Chuck! Being that it was our first trip too, it was nice to feel like we were up there with familiar folks!  I had a great time with my journal too.  I already started a new one for the Western States.  I'ts kind therapeutic......

SargeW said:
  I had a great time with my journal too.  I already started a new one for the Western States.  I'ts kind therapeutic......

PLUS the journal gives you a written record of all things you've done.  good for when the memory begins to fail!

Betty

Written many journals.

LOL Betty!!!  Yep, the memory thing sure makes a blog/journal a valuable thing to do.  Already I don't remember everything we did!!

Anna, great blog.  Congratulations on your "Blog" award!!! 

I liked how you catagorized everything; especially since I wanted to locate where you actually stayed in Muncho Lake and could go right to it. We are in Watson Lake and will be going to Liaird Hot Springs tomorrow then onto Muncho Lake.  We are going to stay at the MacDonald campground in Muncho Lake Provincial park.  Several people have recommended it along the way.

Today we are viewing the sign post forest in cold wet rain.... :-\

Marsha~

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom