New Tow Car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babette

Well, we made it to Texas in our Reyo to visit our kids.  And yesterday we bought a 2012 Honda Fit to replace our last tow car that got totaled here in Texas last year on Fathersday.  We still have everything for towing, but have to get the Honda Fit ready for towing.  We have a Roadmaster Falcon 5250 hitch.  Now we're hoping that we can find a place that can install the correct  Baseplate?? Receiver??? My husband is not here right now and I forgot if he said the Honda needs to have a baseplate installed or is it called Receiver?  Dumb question, but I blame it on the brain damage that the accident caused me. 
We had to get a tow car here, so we'll be able to run around In Forest City when we go there from here.  We may not be able to spend the nights in the Reyo if they ( Winnebago Factory ) tears the floor up to find the problem with the floor sinking in some areas. 
Any suggestions as to who can fix the Honda up for towing and is it a baseplate or receiver we need?
Thanks a bunch!
Babette

The part that is unique to the towed car is called the base plate. It makes the connection between the car and the tow bar. You also need to have it rigged for stop & turn signals and taillights. Most hitch shops and RV dealers will install base plates, but they will have to order the ones for your car.

Thanks Gary.  We'll have to get right on it if we have to order the baseplate, as we have the appointment at the Winnebago factory next month on the 11th. 
Thanks again Gary for your info.

Babette

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom