owners manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo

Hi, I am a new member. We just bought our first RV, a 2000 Four Winds Chateau. It did not have a owners manual with it and I would like to find one. Does anyone have one I could get a copy of? We have not taken our first trip yet but are very anxious to start. Thanks :)

Hello Mo and welcome to The RV Forum.

You are in for some swell times and we can likely make them even better.  You will have questions and may even seek a bit of troubleshooting advice.  If you can't find what you need in our extensive library just post here and we will get back to you.  We enjoy helping other RVers.

Manuals for appliances, generators, alternators, etc. are provided by the various manufacturers.  These and for the RV it's self may be available on line from each manufacturer.

Welcome aboard. 

There are (or uesed to be) a couple of "Generic" books, as I recall "The RV Book' and THe RV Owner's Handbook,, These are generic covering many RV's. 

As Mr. Drake said... The appliances including furnace, water heater, converter, air conditioners and such, The manuals are provided by the maker of the device, MANY of them can be simply downloaded from the company support site.

Owner's manuals for the RV itself, are usually only found at the manufacturer's print shop or publisher, not on line  However save for the floor and walls, which are kind of like the ones at home, and the body (Think automotive) there is not a lot of difference rig to rig, in fact, Even the door, on many RV's. is a 3rd party device with it's own owner's manual (you should not need that one).

If you have a motor home, the engine and drivetrain have their own manuals, you get those from whomever made the chassis, not the "House builder".

The infomoration I really need is "Where does this wire go and how does it get there" or sub pipe for wire,,, and ... that's not in the owner's manuals, that's in the SHOP manuals..... Sometimes.

If you will check into the RESOURCES section of the forum (button on Menu Bar), you will find sources for manuals for a number of appliances. You can also get a chassis manual for the base van (probably a Ford E350 or E450?), which will cover the automotive part.

Thor may have a original owner manual for your Chateau, but you will likely be disappointed in what little it covers. Nothing like the comprehensive manuals that come with cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom