fold out couch in the galley.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLAKDUKE

I have a 2000 cruisemaster by georgieboy.  There are 2 couchs in the galley.  one slides out and folds down.  The other pulls out and I have slept in it and I think  people during the inquisition confessed to being heretics with the application of less torture.  It is my wish to remove this contraption and replace it with a recliner, and a computer desk.  My rv mechanic says that the torture rack
can only be taken out thru one of the windows, as it will not fit thru the front door.  Surely this thing comes apart in pieces so it can be taken out thru the door.  I mean the inquisitors must surely have wanted to torture someone in another room at some point.

ALK ....

Well that's good to know.  I have one couch in mine and it is not very comfortable, maybe if I got two it would make a difference.

Yes joking, last week I respond to one and posted it under a different post. Really dumb on my part.  These computers are tricky.  Your post about the sewer being high takes some thought.  Maybe someone will have an idea other than "stuff" runs down hill. I've heard some mascerators are powerfull enough to make it go up hill a little. No personal experience though.
Two thoughts on sofa. 
1 remove window and put thru there if big enough. And optunity to reseal that window. If no results
2 saws all, out the door bit by bit.

I think most of the torture racks in olden times were assembled in the dungeon.  They also had poor lighting so reading while sitting on the sofa wasn't done much :)

removing the window is not an option, too much chance for leakage. as for the door it has to stay put.  I am thinking the folding iron bed frame itself must unbolt from the wooden couch, then the couch itself must come apart some how.  The idea is that I could use  that unit in my spare bedroom.  I don't want to use it but I have no qualms about letting guests use it.     

I'm not sure if this is the same kind of sofa/bed, but here's how ours looked when they took it apart to remove it from the coach.

Attachments

• sofa_removed.jpg
    sofa_removed.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 91
It was originally put together with nuts and bolts so break out the wrenches and start looking.  I'm with you...NO to taking out a window.  I'd saw the couch into pieces before I would do that!  There have been other post on the forum by those that took their sofas apart to get them out.  Have at it!  :)

I removed one sofa and replaced it with a desk and file cabinet.  It came apart by unbolting things.  You will still have some large pieces, but they will be relatively two dimensions (not three).  I did not try to remove the bolts in the floor; they are covered by the new furniture.
FWIW, I did not consider using a door or window to remove the sofa in one piece.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom