Annular Eclipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tstumpf

First picture speaks for itself.
Second one, taken at sunset; weird effect.

How'd everyone else's turn out?

-Roni

Attachments

• ABQ Eclipse.JPG
    ABQ Eclipse.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0499 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0499 - Copy.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 43
Viewed it from our back yard on the edge of the good viewing area and used a welders glass as a filter. Tried without a filter but no go.
Your pic Roni is way better but mine turned out OK.

Attachments

• AnnularSolarEclipse2.jpg
    AnnularSolarEclipse2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 29
  • AnnularSolarEclipse3.jpg
    AnnularSolarEclipse3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 22
  • AnnularSolarEclipse4.jpg
    AnnularSolarEclipse4.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 24
  • AnnularSolarEclipse6.jpg
    AnnularSolarEclipse6.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 27
  • AnnularSolarEclipse7.jpg
    AnnularSolarEclipse7.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 33
Unfortunately, we weren't anywhere near the viewing path so had to watch it online via slooh.com.  Here's the best image from the real time telescope in ABQ.

Attachments

• Eclipse.jpg
    Eclipse.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 34
They called for 80% here, but either I read it backwards (8%) or 80 ain't nothing.  Not even a little darkness.  Should have done the peephole thing.

I was too far south to get a decent image. And I should have had a filter. The sun was too high in the sky so it was blowing out the highlights.

That is fabulous Roni ;D ;D ;D

The full eclipse was unfortunately too low on the horizon, but had fun with the rest of the event. I used the Live View shooting mode of my DSLR that allows me to view the shot via the LCD monitor vs. normal viewing via the viewfinder.

THIS was the lowest full shot I was able to capture, and,

THIS one was taken as the sun began to dip into a palm tree about 1/4 mile away from my setup.

Thanks for sharing.  The clouds rolled in here in SLC, and all we got was a slight darkening, with no ability of seeing any ring.  What a bummer, yet people only a few miles away got to see it well.

Ed

Nice shot, Bob, but both links are to the same photo :)

Greetings,

I was planing on taking some shots even though I was only going to see a very small partial eclipse from Indiana. As things worked out we had a front come through and the west was clouded over and didn't get to photograph the eclipse.

I did manage a photo of the Sun before eclipse time as a test and will share the photo here. Some nice Sun spots.
I plan on taking photos of the Venus Transit though. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Sunb.JPG
    Sunb.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 34
Mike, You got some great shots.
Bob, yours are nice too. I especially think the light on the palm trees is cool.
CamperAL, Nice sun spot photo!

Here are more of mine. Was too tired to mess with all these last night.

-Roni

Attachments

• Weird Photo.JPG
    Weird Photo.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Sun Spots (2).JPG
    Sun Spots (2).JPG
    148 KB · Views: 11
  • First Bite.JPG
    First Bite.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Bigger Bite.JPG
    Bigger Bite.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Bigger Still.JPG
    Bigger Still.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Wait for it.JPG
    Wait for it.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Almost There.JPG
    Almost There.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Yes!.JPG
    Yes!.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 20
  • That was cool!.JPG
    That was cool!.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 8
  • Amazing.JPG
    Amazing.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Good Night.JPG
    Good Night.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 11
Roni, nice sequence of images.  Every bit as good as most I've seen elsewhere today, including some from professional astronomers.

Redding, Ca (220 miles north of San Francisco)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DtkoAlwIpWY

Great Shots Roni!! Looks like you were right on the center line of the eclipse. Had some friends out west from an astronomy club send me their photos which were nice. Only wish I could have been there.

Thanks guys!

If it weren't for 2 professionals at the same site, I never would have gotten the photos.

One of the men had the filter for my camera and the other had the tape to hold it in place. It was a great evening and such a cool thing to witness!

-Roni

Roni,

Really great shots and having a couple of professionals nearby is not an excuse. You set the camera and took the shot!!! :) They just supplied a filter and tape.  ;D ;D

Tom S - I'm really sorry your annular eclipse photography didn't work out because I know how much you were looking forward to it!

Roni - Yours turned out really well.  Thanks for sharing them.  I looked out and saw the sun setting behind a mountain so knew we had no chance of seeing it.

ArdraF

A nice thing about having my albums on Flickr.com is that no matter what I am about to shoot, or how much I may feel I know about how to shoot what I am about to shoot - I know there are photographers on Flickr that know a lot more than I - so it is nice that the learning experience never ends.

THIS fellow goes by Stargazer - and does beautiful work. The last couple of rows of this album of his portfolio deal with Annular Eclipse 2012. He drove from his home that appears to be in the San Jose area to Pyramid Lake for an ideal location. His main objective was a time lapse of the event that has the video arrow on the thumbnail. Included in this album are also images of his equipment.

tstumpf said:
Here are more of mine. Was too tired to mess with all these last night.

Fine job, Roni!! I enjoy that you asked questions, read up on the subject, and put yourself in a location for the opportunity of great images.

Well done . . .  :)

Back
Top Bottom