1988 Southwind replacement parts sources

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Narfadan

I have a couple of things that need work on our Southwind.

First, the window closer mechanisms in the bedroom are well-worn and should be replaced since they do not close the windows completely. Also, some of the light fixtures have damaged domes from the heat generated by the 1141 bulbs. The previous owner bought new domes but they do not fit all fixtures. A couple of the fixtures also suffer from mechanical damage (cracked plastic).

I did ask the local Fleetwood dealer about the window closer mechanism but was told I would have to bring the rig to them so they could determine what part(s) are required. That's possible but not my first choice. Can anyone suggest possible sources of replacement components? A Google search was not fruitful.

BTW, on the light fixtures, I have purchased LED replacement bulbs for some fixtures and the light output and color temperature are nice so I will replace all 1141 bulbs eventually.

Thanks

Are the windows the awning type, i.e. crank out at an angle? If so, there are dozens of different crank mechanisms and you will have get it out and hunt for one that matches. Mobile home supply places usually carry an assortment.  You could also try RV salvage yards - maybe replace the whole window inexpensively. See the list in the RESOURCES section (buttonon menu bar).

12v Light fixtures are commodity items - just replace the entire fixture. Lots of online sources plus any RV store will have at least a small selection.

Narfaden, I like to use ebay as a guide to see what is available and for what price. Also, one of my favorite RV supply place is anyrvparts.com. I have used them in the past for electronic and other type parts. They list on ebay and have a phone number you can call for customer assistance.
Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom