Add a room a good feature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianMaple

I'm considering buying an add-a-room for our new trailer.  I know a lot of people hate dealing with them, but does anyone recommend them?  What are the steps required for putting one up?

I don't have any personal experience but did speak with a couple at a CG that absolutely loved theirs but the only time they put it up is when they were going to stay in one place for a long while because they said it was a pain to put up and take down.
Here are the instructions for the Carefree version.

I had one when we had our Class C.  And yes, we loved it, especially since we had 2 big dogs.  We opened the door to the rig and they could hop in and out all they wanted and were safe in the add a room.  But it is something that we only used when we were parked for several days.  It takes a bit of time to set up and would be a major PITA to put up and down all the time.  But we liked it.

I have one and would agree with previous posts.  Awesome to have if you're setting up for a few days or longer, not worth the time for a day or two.

Ditto previous posts.  I had one with a Jayco PUP at one time and currently have one for my TT.  Both Carefree models.  Hated putting it up with a passion!  If camping only for a day or two, to heck with it.  If for a week or so, real nice to have the extra "indoor" space.  And it was nice once in a while when the bugs were a bit too thick to tolerate but you wanted to be outdoors.

Bottom line...
They can be a usefull PITA. 
Did that make sense?  :-\

It makes total sense.  We're still on the fence, I guess we will get one if we find one cheap.  Does it attach to the side of the trailer and to the poles that are part of the awning?

Sorry it this reply took so long.  Forgot I had a reply attached to the thread. 
If it's not too late, the answer to your question is Yes,  the add-a-room is attached to the TT with snaps and held up with poles and zipped to the awning.  Held up with poles on the outer perimeter.

A PITA and no longer used.  Our awning works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom