Replacement festoon bulbs for aisle night lights??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
I'm getting fairly frustrated trying to find an LED replacement for the little festoon night lights in the Horizon (yes, I checked our rvforum sponsor first  :) .)  Actually I can't even find an incandescent replacement.

The festoon bulb measures about 1.25" (~31mm) long and about 0.25" (~6mm) in diameter.  There is no number on the bulb other than 12V 4W.  This is a very odd duck size and is smaller than most festoons.  I found some bulbs the right length, but they were too large in diameter.

TIA

Now why would I want to do that Carson - they would give me their part number :D.

Actually I did track it down - sort of.  The "Courtesy Light" is manufactured by ITC (in China of course.)  Their part number for the bulb is #395.  I asked the lady if she had a standard industry bulb number, uh, no but we will be glad to sell you a bulb for $2.  Right.

Then I asked her if there was an ITC LED replacement fixture.  Her:  "did you look at the catalog.."  Me:  "yes, but I didn't study it.."  Her:  "no, we don't have a direct replacement fixture.."  Okay, that was fun.

This was a very painful exchange - maybe she was having a bad day, not accustomed to talking an end-user, chose the wrong career, etc.

So the question remains - is there an industry bulb number for this little festoon?

John, this is the info I found on the festoon bulb: Winnie # 108354-01-01A, #395B, 4w, 1 7/16? L x ?? dia.
O?Reilly auto has Eiko DE3423 5w that fit. It?s a bit larger in dia. but works Ok in mine. Hopefully you can cross the Eiko number to a LED # ?
Or you can look at this one, not sure if it?s exact but you could probably give them a yell. http://www.mastlight.com/Products/T10X42-6SMW.html

Thanks.  The 395 bulb number unfortunately is not an industry number  ???,  I'm not sure this endeavor is worthy of more effort.  When we're dry camping we just shut off the aisle lights (and everything else not essential.)

Now why would I want to do that Carson - they would give me their part number

Just trying to be helpful, ole boy. That info might have advanced your knowledge a bit about the lamp. Maybe they have one on sale.  ;)

I seem to  recall a posting from someone somewhere that had a direct replacement for the footlight fixture that included an LED bulb.  I believe that  it was on a boat supply site of some sort. I'm pretty sure I  saved the info, but I'm traveling right now and  don't have  access to it.  I'll take a look when I  get home (in a couple weeks).

I never use the aisle lights, but one of mine was blown out.  I searched auto stores, rv stores, etc to no avail.

I had a supply of white 5mm LEDs from an old boat anchor light project.  They basically use 3.5 volts at 20 ma.
I soldered three in series with a 150 ohm resister directly onto the fixture.  I now have a 1/4 watt replacement that is at least as bright as the incandescent bulbs. 

If and when the other bulbs go out, I'll just manufacture the replacements for them.  :)

John Canfield said:
Mark - I think you have the solution :)  This one looks like it would fit fine in the holder - no reason for the ends to be cone shaped.
John,
Great....let us know if you get these and if it fits into the existing socket.
Thanks,
Paul

Don't know about the LED ones but Lichtsinn sells the original. That's where I got mine.

Jerry

I have ordered all kinds of bulbs for my hall courtesy and under counter lights, so far none work.  I finally found one, quite expensive, and it will fit but not work.  I have one working bulb, need to take it out and see if the rest work with it, could be the fixtures.

Have to work on this later, but I would sure like to have the lights work.

OK, After MUCH searching for the best source of these OEM festoon bulbs, here is where I ended up.
I needed to order several hundred dollars of repair parts, so I included 3 of these bulbs in my order to avoid the ~$10 S&H charges if just ordered separately.

Mobility R. V. Inc.
www.winnwbagoparts.com
818 Hwy 9 East
PO Box 85
Hanlontown, IA 50444
800-933-7742
Ask for Terry - he treated me with EXCELLENT care.

Here is the part info:  10835401700  Bulb/courtesy light  price:  $2.50

For your unit: (Winnebago, but will probably fit others)
go to
http://www.winnebagoparts.com/
On left, click on "Parts and Service Documentation",
Then, in the middle of page, click on "Parts Documentation",
Then click on your year, then Model, then No.,
Then your complete parts catalogue will come up.
My 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32V Bulb is on page 126 under Electrical Group;  Component Parts for Lights & Switches.  ...  around middle of page .. both the complete light assy as well as the replacement bulb are listed.

I have tries all of the auto parts stores, looked at lighting stores on the internet, etc., etc. and this is the best option that I have found.

These are the EXACT OEM parts...I just put the new bulb in the two spring tabs and now have light.
Hope this will help those who are still searching........the S&H is a little pricey but...............

Let us all know if this has been helpful to you.
Thanks,
Paul

Back
Top Bottom