2013 Winnebago clues are showing themselves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dar

Digging around on Winnie's site locating the diagrams for our coach we found some 2013 diagrams. Being the curious souls that we are we dug around to see what kind of differences we could find, at least in the Journey/Meridian line.

The engine air intake appears to now be located on the upper left corner of the end cap. The front and rear caps are different with appearance that they have leaned the windshield back as opposed the verticle wall of glass on the 2012. The front end drawings on the 40U (at least) seem to have the appearance of the previous Tour front end and appears as though the generater may be on a pull-out now? They 34Y is no more and now the 34B on the FL lowered rail chassis.

That's all the rumors I have from the drawings ;) .

SargeW said:
Wow, no more 34Y? What shame, I love this floor plan!
I don't think the floor plan has changed all the much, if at all. It's hard to tell from the wiring diagrams but seems the same to me. Maybe they just relettered it due to changing the chassis but that's just my guess?

SargeW said:
Is that the chassis with the lowered center section?
Yes, it's Winnie's FL xcl(lowered) instead of xcs(straight). This Freightliner page now references the 2013 Journey XCL 34' under Winnebago. There is no longer anything referenced other than XCL's for Winnebago so the new ones should have the full pass through storage as the other Journey models so.

Below is a dealer website with pics of the 2013 36M (Itasca version). Interior color scheme is new. Exterior colors similar to one from 2012, but I think the paint pattern is different. Front and rear end caps are different. Two interesting changes though ... in 2012, the cooktop had 3 drawers below it (if no oven option). Now there are only the upper two. The bottom drawer was replaced by what look like two air vents???? Who knows? Also, between the driver and copilot seats, the small unit with the cupholders and small drawers is gone. Hard to tell from the pic, but looks like it may have been made smaller and moved closer to the driver's side. Could have something to do with making room for the the slide-out generator. The trim around the top of the interior appears to be changed from last year. More like crown molding.

As for the 34B, I don't know anything about the floorplan but did see some thing that said it is now available with stacking washer/dryer instead of the combo unit like the 34Y. Also read that residential type fridge is avail on 34B. I have seen info that confirms what someone said above that the 34B is on the lowered rail chassis like the other Meridians. Also read that the slide out compartment tray on the pass through storage is now standard instead of optional. I think that applied to all Meridians and presumably Journeys. There were a couple of other options from 2012 that are now standard, but I forget what they were.

I noticed on the pics of the 36M that there are two small vertical antennas located at the front of the coach roof. Anyone know what they are for? Were they both there last year? I seem to remember only one but could be wrong.

http://www.transwestrv.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=08634455X5K31K2012J12I06I51JPMQ7255R0&veh=2701031&nv=y

jrwitt said:
The trim around the top of the interior appears to be changed from last year. More like crown molding.
They had that in the 42E for 2012, we liked it allot, glad to see they put it in the shorter models. Not sure that I like the dash, at least needs the inlay because it kind of looks chinsy. The front end lean should help with wind noise which needed to be done. Thanks for pointing out the link jrwitt, fun to see the changes via pics instead of just sketches.

You're welcome! Thanks for pointing out the dash changes. I hadn't even noticed that. i think I liked the inlay better. Did you notice the pic of the copilot's chair? Did the 2012 have the same side/arm rest arrangement. I was thinking it was just like the drivers chair, but maybe just didn't notice on last year's model.

jrwitt said:
Did the 2012 have the same side/arm rest arrangement. I was thinking it was just like the drivers chair, but maybe just didn't notice on last year's model.
Ewe, that sure looks funky in the pic and no, I didn't notice that. I wonder if the right arm is some kind of a table because there are some black things on the right side of it, looks like a release or something. Our 2012 co-pilot seat is like the drivers seat and we are talking about adding some kind of a little laptop table that would flip out of the way, mmm, maybe Winnie read our minds :) .

It sure is fun to speculate and imagine things as we wish them to be, LOL.

You may be right. I did read something somewhere about a flip-up table for a computer desk. I assumed it came out of the wall, but maybe it's built into the seat? Hmmm.

Sneak peaks are now on Winnie's website, except of course the Tour & Ellipse - that's all there. We were right on the co-pilot table jrwitt.

Marty, they did change up your 34 floorplan a tad.

Some of the tank capacities changed quite a bit. Our 12' has a 60+ grey and the 13' 40U has two greys for a total of 90+. That hurts me badly :( . Some of the models went down in size but as far as I can tell I think they read your thread Marty. The one about the blacks being larger than the grey, because I could not notice any models with that scenario.

Thats all for my Winnie gossip today folks.  ;D  Thanks for listening.

Too funny Dar! It makes me wonder if Winnie really reads any of our stuff or not!  Glad to see that someone there got the drift about useful water tank storage. Now hopefully they plumbed the gray tanks so you only have to pull one handle to dump them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom