lost 12 volt power in coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A Rdnek

I seemed to have lost 12 volt power to all the 12 volt lights in my coach.
I have found a 40 amp circuit breaker on the wiring diagram, but can't find it
in the coach. The wiring diagram says it is located "below dash pod". I have
looked around but have not found it.
Does anyone know where to find this breaker?
Thanks for any help.
Ron
1995 Adventurer 34WA

Make sure you know what you are looking for.  This is what it will may look like.

Attachments

• manual reset CB.jpg
    manual reset CB.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 12
Thanks Lou, I finally found mine, it looks a little different than that, but close enough. Anyway that wasn't the problem. :(
However, I  did eventually find the problem.  ;)In the secondary fuse panel below the frig. It appears that the top lug on the fuses is a bussdar that is buried between layers of plastic(?), and provides power to all the fuses. That bussbar was somehow broken between fuses 6 and 7. Therefore, I had power to the 2 unused acc lugs and fuse #7, which carries power to the water pump and range hood, 6 and below had no power to the fuses, and that was all my 12v lights.  I removed the fuse panel, (can't get access to the bussbar on the back because of the layers of plastic). and turned the top lug of each fuse lug into a bussbar. I used a piece of solder wick, that I had saturated in solder. I laid this piece of wick across the top lug of each of the fuse holders and soldered  it down to each of them. hooked everything back up and all is perfect again. If I can find a way to do it I will post a picture of my handy work tomorrow.
Ron
EDIT- to add photo

Attachments

• DSCN3145-250.jpg
    DSCN3145-250.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57