Need help with an oldie 1987 pace arrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a 1987 pace arrow and i need pictures or a layout of the location of the beds or bed if they are in the correct position in the pictures?, if someone in the forum has one of these Rvs , Just in case the bathroom is at the back of the unit, i have no idea if whoever had this rv before me changed things around , it is gutted somewhat on the inside and i have been thru the internet looking for pictures of pace arrows from 1987 to 1988 , but the layouts diferentiate greatly , like the location of the kitchen, mine as soon as you walk in you have it in front of you,

Attachments

• 5L45N15J63K53Me3Jdc5m7bba07276a3817db.jpg
    5L45N15J63K53Me3Jdc5m7bba07276a3817db.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 5N15G75Ha3I73L83Mbc5m39ef416e4ea91bcb.jpg
    5N15G75Ha3I73L83Mbc5m39ef416e4ea91bcb.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 125
I see it has a residential style fridge and toilet, neither of which was standard back then. Looks like it was set up to stay mostly in one place, hooked to electric and sewer. Does it have an inverter to power the fridge when traveling?  The tank type toilet can slosh while driving, and it also uses a lot of water compared to a standard RV toilet. I don't recall a rear bath floor plan in any 1987-vintage coaches either. Normally there was a double bed in the back.  I'm thinking this is pretty much custom.

I agree with Gary.  This coach appears to be heavily modified to serve as a semi-stationary structure.

I would be curious as to the condition (and even the existence) of the holding tanks.  Previous alterations to the electrical and plumbing systems could make any attempt to return this coach to a usable travel vehicle either futile or extremely expensive.

thank you gentlemen !, as my suspicions become reality, you are both correct the toilet is the wrong one , the toilet is not my consern is the location of the holding tanks , wheresould the black water holding tank located? , at the bottom of the unit?, i believe they took it out. in wich case i can buy a tank with wheels and mount it at the bottom, with piping as needed.as for the inverter can you please tell me where this might be located?, cause right now i have been all over this rv and i have not seen one , but if you send me to the right direction i might find it hidden somewhere!, hopefully. thank you again

How many batteries does the RV have? There should be one just for the engine and then one or more for the "house". An inverter normally is hooked to the house batteries and will be close by. It should have large battery cables going to it.

The black holding tank should be directly below the toilet.  If there's just a pipe running to the sewer outlet you don't have a black tank.

The grey and fresh water tanks could be almost anywhere, though they are usually centrally located for weight distribution.

I have two batteries, will definetly look for inverter there thankyou!, i did a test on the toilet , i flushed a bucket of clean water down the toile and it sounded like water hitting an empty container but then on outside on the side compartment for the water disposal the water came out of the pipe, so i definetly have no tank for black water!, i will purchase one with wheels and install , no big whoop, but i will need a new RV toilet  ::)

williamtalbott said:
I have two batteries, will definetly look for inverter there thankyou!, i did a test on the toilet , i flushed a bucket of clean water down the toile and it sounded like water hitting an empty container but then on outside on the side compartment for the water disposal the water came out of the pipe, so i definetly have no tank for black water!, i will purchase one with wheels and install , no big whoop, but i will need a new RV toilet  ::)

I doubt seriously that you have an INVERTER in that rig.  It certainly didn't come with one from the factory.  You may not even have a CONVERTER if your lights have been converted to 120vac like your refrigerator has.

That rig probably came with a 35 to 45 gallon black water tank.  I'm not sure how or where you intend to "install" a tank with wheels that will have sufficient capacity to be of any use.

Is it your intention to rebuild this RV to the point of traveling, and using campgrounds, with it?

waste water valve was open, and yes it is my intention to fix it to travel and camp, this is a long and costly project i know that now,but the mistake is already done and i cannot ask for my money back given the sale was as is only , so that was my bad ,i am a novice when it comes to rvs and i did not knew what i was looking at or for, but right now i have to make the best of it, and try my best to at the very least decently fix this rig, i apreciate you gentlemens help in all matters

Flush the toilet a couple times with the waste valve closed. If there is no holding tank, the drain line will fill up and the toilet will back up, probably by the second flush. If there is a tank, it should continue to flush ok for at least several flushes.  Assuming it has a tank or you can install one, you should consider changing back to an RV type toilet. Cost is about $300.

Is there a generator in this coach? If so, you can use that to power that residential fridge while driving or other short stays off-grid, but for longer term use without shore power, you would want an inverter and 2-4 batteries for power.  An RV fridgewould use propane in that situation, but a residential fridge doesn't have that option.

It has an inverter . it is located underneath the refrigerator, i did not saw it because this fridge is stiking out some and it was blocking the view, it is my intention to exchange this behemoth of a fridge if not a 3 way a smaller one at that , and the rv toilet is on my to buy list.

williamtalbott said:
It has an inverter . it is located underneath the refrigerator, i did not saw it because this fridge is stiking out some and it was blocking the view, it is my intention to exchange this behemoth of a fridge if not a 3 way a smaller one at that , and the rv toilet is on my to buy list.

Sounds like you are making progress.

I suspect the inverter only powers the refrigerator, since that is where you found it.

I wouldn't be in a great hurry to get rid of that refrigerator until you get the propane system checked out, so you know whether or not you can make the conversion back to an RV refer.

Lp gas line check and no leaks!. Rv fridge is on it's way from california 350 dollars , thank you ebay!, Rv toilet is next on my list. slowly but surely progress

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom