What degree valve stem extenders work best on rear duallys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

95pace

Had new tires put on back a month or so ago and had the old braided extenders removed.They were replaced with new brass straight stems, I had several problems with the braided lines and had replaced them after a trip and all air leaked out through faulty line.I  need to get solid extenders for the duallys as we are embarking on a trip up north to NYC and want to make sure I can check my pressures whenever we stop.After 2 blowouts I am a firm believer in up to date tires and correct pressures.I am looking at the 135 degree for the outside and 3inch straights for the inside does this sound about right.these 19.5  tires  with the  chrome simulators.
Thanks  Doug

95 Pace Arrow
454 Chevy
34ft P30 chassis

After 2 blowouts, I would think you would be looking for a TPMS rather than valve extenders.

Whether 135 works or not depends on the size of the opening in the wheel/simulator. I had to use 180 degree when I had a similar situation.

You could also have the valve for the outer tire installed so that it faces the opposite way, so no reverse angle extension is required. There is no real reason to have the outer tire valve facing inward - it merely makes it possible to rotate that tire to another position without having to change the valve orientation.

I struggled one time trying to check the air pressure on my Winnebago View. I then purchased metal tire valves that were "bent" the correct way so I now can check/fill the 6 tires in 90 seconds without removing anything...best few hundred bucks i have spent...don't get those extenders...way too many stores of how they have caused leaks, blowouts, heartbreak, etc...

I'm with Gary all the way on this one.  A good TPMS is the way to go. 

If the TPMS indicates a problem, I don't want to have to decide if the real problem is one of eight possible valve extenders or some other convenience item that I've inserted into the equation.

Any difficulty in checking actual pressures (at the tire) can be tolerated, once the TPMS safely alerts me of a problem.  JMHO

Back
Top Bottom