EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Good Sam Rally Daytona  (Read 6168 times)

jnlo2000

• ---
Good Sam Rally Daytona
« on: May 29, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »
Greetings!  Hope everyone is doing well! :) 

Just signed up for the Good Sam Rally in Daytona and we are VERY excited.  We have never been before and it is "on the way" to our next destination.  Well actually, we already knew we would be in FL for winter so this pretty much closes the deal for us!   ;D 
Jim and Lee Ann
And our pups Buster and Abby
US Navy Retired
"He Flies, She Supplies"
2012 F350 DRW 
2013 Redwood 36RL
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

KodiakRV

• ---
Re: Good Sam Rally Daytona
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:57:17 PM »
When is it?
Frank
Florida

jnlo2000

• ---
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
November 2-4 at the Speedway!
Jim and Lee Ann
US Navy Retired
"He Flies, She Supplies"
2012 F350 DRW 
2013 Redwood 36RL
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

rickf

• ---
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 03:13:28 PM »
Hi,
can someone fill me in on this?  looked at the web site some.
We're new to RVing, and are currently travelling back across the
country from Washington to Florida, near there.  just wondering
what the seminars are like.  entertainment does look good.
Rick
2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2012 GMC 2500 duramax

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 09:18:22 AM »
Rick,

Check the info on the website:
http://therally.com/daytona/

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

jnlo2000

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
We haven't yet been to a Rally as this is our first year on the road (we deployed in April).  We are still wet behind the ears ourselves and with our desire to be in Fl for the winter and sticking to our, "fly by the seat of our pants" way of thinking these days, we just decided that the Rally in Daytona fit our situation perfectly.  From what we have learned from some of our fellow workampers this summer, Rallies can be a great source of information, networking and suggestions for a wide range of topics. 
We are very excited about it and hope that by then we have some more solids plans for the winter as well  ;)
Jim and Lee Ann
US Navy Retired
"He Flies, She Supplies"
2012 F350 DRW 
2013 Redwood 36RL
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »
Rallies are great. Lots of "free stuff," seminars, other RVers, good entertainment, new and used RVs to look at (or even buy :) ). I'm betting you'll have a great time.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

rickf

• ---
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 08:33:04 AM »
looked around, sounds like a good time so we signed up.
arriving on thursday.  anyone want to get together?
we're in a 27 ft arctic fox.
Rick & Connie
2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2012 GMC 2500 duramax

jnlo2000

• ---
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 09:17:50 AM »
We too will be arriving on Thursday, staying off site at a KOA rather than dry camping at the speedway since we will likely stay a little longer to visit with family and friends that we haven't seen in YEARS! :)

We can't wait to get there and meet some new folks and have a great time!  Would love to get together!!! 

Jim and Lee Ann
US Navy Retired
"He Flies, She Supplies"
2012 F350 DRW 
2013 Redwood 36RL
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

rickf

• ---
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 08:51:16 AM »
great, look forward to maybe getting together.
too bad though that you're not at the speedway though
as sometimes its just easier when in proximity.
how many here are going?  any ideas on setting up a get together?
2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2012 GMC 2500 duramax

davencjkan

• ---
  • Still Full Timing and Love It
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 01:35:02 PM »
We are going - We will be in the accessible 24hr generator lot.
Dave, Carol (DW), Kathy (SIL and Carol's twin), Shadow (he's a silver back terrier/poodle and we're his people) Peaches (a miniature dachshund) and Duchess (she's a Pekingese/Pomeranian)
Oh, and "R Lady Liberty" our 36' Travelcraft Class A

stormy2000

• ---
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
hello,
 wife and I and her friend and hubby are going, this is our 2nd rally (1st in louiville ky), and their first.  the new Class A/B/C, FT, TT, campers are always there to highlight the new products.  the seminars are always great, especially for beginners like us, on most subjects/topics to rv'ing.

and lots of vendors selling their products http://www.therally.com and lots of booths have gifts, just sign up, its free, do have to be present to win.

you can pay at the door to get in, military ID is free, but if you are going to show (reba), and to the seminars the fee is higher, we paid $79.00 each? that was a month ago, we subscribe to mailer, and got $10.00 off by signing up early. 

hope that helps.

bill & jodi

bill & jodi

KodiakRV

• ---
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
Cheryl and I are coming.  This will be our first mega-rally.  We hope to be there by Friday noon.
Frank
Florida

rickf

• ---
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 09:08:33 PM »
cant wait.  really excited about this rally. 
it our first  of this type of mega rally.
be there tomorrow (Thursday) around noon.
Rick & Connie
2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2012 GMC 2500 duramax

workingtorv

• ---
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »
So how was the rally?  We have never been to one but would love to hear all about it.  How was Reba?
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2008 Saturn AuraXR
Ontario, Canada

BruceinFL

• ---
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »
So how was the rally?  We have never been to one but would love to hear all about it.  How was Reba?

Too crowded and hot in the booth tent Sat & Sun. Should have gone on Fri instead.
Bruce A.
2004 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK 5W
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

jnlo2000

• ---
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 03:49:01 PM »
Rally was ok.  We were a little disappointed, but it was a good experience.  Reba was fantastic!  That was the best part IMHO.  I will echo others in that the supply tent was ridiculously hot particularly Fri afternoon and most of Sat.  We attended both Fri and Sat for different reasons and still didn't do all that we had intended (like meeting up with friends from here!!). 

The seminar presenters and presentation schedules kept changing (at least what we wanted to see) from online to printed and while we understand that it was nonetheless frustrating to expect one thing and get another. 
Reba was fantastic!

Units on display were primarily motorhomes which we were not expecting.  We had hoped to see more 5ers, but did find a few that gave us some food for thought.
Reba was fantastic!

We decided that we will not go out of our way again to attend a rally.  I am not sure exactly what we thought it might be, but either way, we left there disappointed.  The match and win was interesting and encouraged people to look and speak to one another which I think is great, but we had no interest in running around collecting buttons and such and maybe that is something that had we done, we may have had more fun?!?!?!?! 
PS.  Reba was fantastic! :)
Jim and Lee Ann
US Navy Retired
"He Flies, She Supplies"
2012 F350 DRW 
2013 Redwood 36RL
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

workingtorv

• ---
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »
Ahhh, I'm sorry it didn't turn out to meet your expectations and your excitement as you were so excited about registering and attending.  I figured Reba would be fantastic, did she change her outfits lots?  I saw her many years ago and she had many costume changes throughout her performance which I found to be quite an entertainment in itself.  I myself must get to a rally one of these days but not sure when..and I will go in with less excitement and no expectations so then I would not be so disappointed in the outcome if it turns out like your experience.. bonus if it turns out okay.  I do get thoroughly excited about just about doing anything so I would probably not be able to contain myself and NOT get excited but I will try.  I can't say I blame you for not wanting to walk around and seek out buttons and people especially if it was too hot, that would just drain a person.
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2008 Saturn AuraXR
Ontario, Canada

KodiakRV

• ---
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 07:27:44 PM »
Ahhh, I'm sorry it didn't turn out to meet your expectations and your excitement as you were so excited about registering and attending.  I figured Reba would be fantastic, did she change her outfits lots?  I saw her many years ago and she had many costume changes throughout her performance which I found to be quite an entertainment in itself...
She did the entire show in one outfit (blue blouse & black pants) and then did a quick change to come out for an encore in a bright red dress to sing "Fancy."
Frank
Florida

jnlo2000

• ---
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
It was an overall good experience and we are glad that we went.  We too, get excited about doing something different, but tend not to dwell on it to much after the fact and just move on to the next.  Will we do it again?  Possibly, particularly if we are in the area, are looking for something or just want to meet up with friends!   ;)
Jim and Lee Ann
US Navy Retired
"He Flies, She Supplies"
2012 F350 DRW 
2013 Redwood 36RL
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

Hosted by Over The Network