Trailer slide out sagging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

311hemi

OK, sorry for all the posts.  Just trying to get a few issues squared away and it's turning out to be more work than I had intended.

Anyways, the front slide on my trailer looks like the wood is sagging that holds the rollers for the slide.  It's a 94' Terry trailer.  Any ideas on the best way to remedy this?  Will I need to try to pull the slide out out of the trailer....or do I just leave as is?  I have no idea why is sagged and there is no seal on it any longer so cold air comes in through the gap under the slide out.  The previous owner had to replace the wood that the slide mount to, and in the process left the bolts stick out like 4" so I am not sure if that is what might have forced the wood down....or if it got wet.  It does not appear to have any rot or stains from looking at the side.

Attachments

• small_IMG_1434.jpg
    small_IMG_1434.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 36
You say no apparent water damage but from the looks of it the plywood is de-laminated.  That would indicate to me that there has been a moisture issue.

You could be right.  I need to get in closer to inspect it.  I thought it was two separate sheets of plywood and they just came apart.....but maybe it's delamanating.  It's not getting wet now that I can tell after some heavy storms last weekend...but other parts of the slide our are wet and need attention (floor rot in a corner).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom