FLORIDA TO VERMONT BY WAY OF OHIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

takinbetz

We're heading up to Vermont to host at Mount Ascutney for July and August.  All of this to beat the Florida summer heat.  Since we have lots of time we've meandered up through Charleston, Western North Carolina through Kentucky for bourbon tasting and to Ohio to visit family.  From here we're looking towards Geneva Ohio and then on to New York, Niagara for the views and ice wines, down to Seneca for the NY wines an somehow follow the Erie Canal over to the Adrondacks before entering Vermont.

If anyone has any good routes across NYS that a 35' motorhome towing a car can follow to see parts of the Erie Canal let me know.

Our travels can be followed on our site.

Betsy, Dave & Billy
Edit: Link in sig line.

NYS Thruway 90 east take you along Erie Canal Finger Lakes and Wine Country.  87 North to Lake George than I believe it's Route 7? To Vermont.

Jim

Tin man said:
NYS Thruway 90 east take you along Erie Canal Finger Lakes and Wine Country.  87 North to Lake George than I believe it's Route 7? To Vermont.

Jim

I 87 north is correct, then take exit 20 to US 9/ SR 149 north. Stay on SR 149 when US 9 splits off. At Fort Ann take US 4 east to Vermont. Take Us 4 across the state to I89 south to I 91 south the the Mt Ascutney Exit.

Alternate: Exit I 87 north at Exit 7 and take SR 7 east to Vermont where it become SR 9. Take 9 east to I 91 north the the Mount Ascutney exit. I've done both and neither is great. Mostly 2 lane roads through the mountain/hills of Vermont.

If you do take 90 from Niagara Falls I would recommend a stop at the Villages at Turning Stone. http://www.turningstone.com/stay/envillagesrvpark.php Great campground run by the Oneida Indian Tribe.  From there you can investigate lots of Erie Canal spots, both the current canal and the original one.  The folks in the office are usually very helpful with directionsl.
Edit: Fixed link.

Back
Top Bottom