Just had to show it off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TNROY

We recently upgraded from our '98 Brave 32WQ on a P30 chassis to a "new to us" 2007 Voyage 35L on a Workhorse W22 chassis. The Brave was a great motorhome, but we wanted something a bit newer and larger to see us through retirement. So many new systems and features to learn. The difference in ride and handling is like night and day.  I've attached a pic of our new vacation home on wheels.

Attachments

• Voyage.jpg
    Voyage.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 224
She's a beaut!

I wanted to ask what you were going to name her. I used to name all my cars. I was so immature! It hasn't occurred to me to name my motorhome. Does that mean I've grown up or just that I'm no fun anymore  :p?

Have any of you named your rig?

-Roni

tstumpf said:
I wanted to ask what you were going to name her. I used to name all my cars. I was so immature! It hasn't occurred to me to name my motorhome. Does that mean I've grown up or just that I'm no fun anymore  :p?
How can you possibly not name your motorhome? Mine is "The Condormobile" which is better than the original name of "The Bread Truck".

"Rainbows End Too" since our home is "Rainbows End" (our house is at the end of a rainbow shaped road that circles the head of the pond in our yard), not the Escapees Rainbows End. I named it before I ever heard of Escapees.
Ernie

Congratulations, looks beautiful....

Don't forget to verify that one for the Workhorse brake recall ASAP!!!

Thanks for all the comments, and nice to see another member from Kalamazoo.

We did check with the previous owner and were assurred that the Workhorse and Norcold recalls have already been satisfied on this unit. The previous owner has been very forthcoming about the history of the vehicle. So far we have only found some very minor things to tinker with. Things like loose weatherstripping in the plumbing and electrical bays.

We're heading up north a few miles to Hidden Ridge RV Resort tomorrow for our shakedown. We will be taking our 12 year old grandson, lot for him to do there. Although the weather may be a bit cold and damp, we'll have fun in spite of it. It's a very nice RV park and only a few miles from a large RV dealer (General RV) and a few more miles to a camping world. Just in case we decide on anything we can't live without. Scott, if you happen to be up that way stop in and say hello.

You'll really like the Workhorse drive train as we had the Monaco version. The Chevy motor is second to none along with the Alison 6-speed tranny is just a great setup. We took our coach across the country many times and that combination, towing a Honda CRV, just cruised along with no effort. Winnebago house naturally speaks for itself. You could not have done better and you'll be enjoying retirement in style!

We have a 2006 Voyage and have been very happy with it. Safe traveling to you and enjoy. Art

Well,,, we're parked in a wonderful RV Resort just a few miles from the selling dealer on our "shakedown" trip. We are hoping to discover any other minor issues and arrange to take care of them.

Talk about finding mistakes  :mad:, I went out earlier to day to hang our windsock on the awning. Discovered that the end caps were put on wrong. The caps were placed so that the accessory slot is not accessible, blocked by the end cap. The put the slotted part over the awning attachment instead of over the accessory slot  :eek:. The selling dealer had replaced the awning fabric prior to our pick up of the unit, you'd think they would have techs that have done this before. Now the roller tube needs to come off, rivets drilled out, springs retensioned and everything replaced correctly. Fortunately we are only a few miles from the dealer so driving up in the morning won't be a big prolem. It is an A&E Weatherpro awning. We drove a few miles north this morning to a Camping World store where the Weatherpro is on display and confirmed that the fabric was indeed installed incorrectly.

We also noted that there is a squeak in the floor between the fridge and bathroom door. It is in an area between the slides, so the narrow portion of the coach. Something else for me to bring up. The floor does not seem soft or loose under foot, but the squeak is bothersome. I'll have to see what, if anything, can be done.

All in all, we are having a wonderful time discovering all the features of this coach. Found out that the ice maker in the fridge is very efficient. the a/c and heat pump are handling the weather just fine. Nice to be able to run the water heater off park power instead of burning our own gas. Set up was so simple, the auto level worked great. Checking with my bubble level, it is spot on. Such a difference from our old Brave.

TNROY said:
...Discovered that the end caps were put on wrong. The caps were placed so that the accessory slot is not accessible, blocked by the end cap. The put the slotted part over the awning attachment instead of over the accessory slot...

We've run into "technicians" that were obviously in the wrong career field - the 'common sense' gene apparently got left out of the family tree somewhere.  Not saying they aren't intelligent, I have a family member that has a PhD and if he picks up a screwdriver, I run for my life.  He's dangerous with a tool.

You'll get all of the issues sorted out - you've been through this before since this isn't your first RV!  Thanks for checking back in with us - I love hearing about the after-action reports  ;).

I think the tech doing the work just got in a hurry and wasn't paying attention to detail. Our previous service experience with this dealer has always been very good. I'll be stopping in tomorrow as we are only a few miles away. Maybe they will send someone out to our campsite to fix it to make up for our trouble.

It's Monday now. I made it to the dealer but couldn't convince them to send someone out to the site. We are pulling out on Wednesday and will take it to them then for the fix. They are only about 5 miles away, so it's really not a big problem.

Back
Top Bottom