Pat changes our plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to hear she is up and about. I'm sure she is anxious to get out of there, but it's best to stay in the hospital until they are sure there is no infection from the rupture.

Great news that it was caught in time and taken care of. Prayers to you both for a speedy recovery and hope you have a great trip West, don't forget to take care of yourself also Jim.

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

Wow, just checked in and found this.  So sorry that you had to go through all that Pat.  Hopefully they did a good job cleaning it out and are giving you plenty of antibiotics.  Get well soon.  We want to see you later this year.

Daisy

Gary,

I found out tonight the appendix didn't actually rupture. However, it was surrounded by gangrene! Guess it doesn't make much difference which one, they are both bad!

Jerry,

I'm doing fine though I'm beat tonight. There was a Change of Command at the Coast Guard Station to which I am the Liaison. Left here at 0745 and returned at 1530! Just got back from seeing Pat and having dinner. We hope to see you this winter!!

Daisy,

She has been on two antibiotics since the operation. They are making sure there's nothing left. Looking forward to seeing you and Fred again!!

Jim,

Just saw this tonight.  Sorry to hear about Pat's situation and we both wish her a speedy recovery.  It sounds like she (and you) were very lucky in the way things turned out.

We'll be thinking about you.

Ok folks, I give up. Made a correction on Pat's appendix saying it was not ruptured. This from her around 3:30 this afternoon. She just called to talk about another situation, not really medically related. I mentioned I put out the correction. Then she tells me the Doctor had come in today and said it was perforated. So, I guess it was "ruptured" and full of gangrene. Sure hope it doesn't change again.

Steve,

We are more than lucky!! Had this happened somewhere on the road or, worse, Yellowstone she might not have made it. That stuff is deadly!!!

Being delayed is a small price to pay and more than worth it!! Hopefully she will come home Sunday but I'm not counting on it.

Her biggest disappointment was missing the Change of Command and Retirement ceremony of the Commanding Officer of Coast Guard Station Port Canaveral. She should be happy tomorrow because he told me he and his Significant Other will come to visit her tomorrow. She is really sweet and he's so much like our son that sometimes we get confused. ;D ;D ;D

Jim, One day at a time. At least they caught it and are able to treat it. we will all just keep praying for you guys to get through this quickly and safely.

Perforated, ruptured, burst.....the timing was great and someone was watching out for her ! Relax, recover, then head to Yellowstone.

Wendy

Whew!  Sounds scarier and scarier.  Somebody upstairs was really taking care of Pat!  Hugs to you both.

Margi and Tom

You know we are behind you the whole way.  Hope foor the best, she might be slow, but maybe you guys can still get to CT?  What are they saying about recovery and travel?

You know, if the timing had been different, a week early for the graduation.  Or if there was no graduation this year, you would have been here already. 

As I say about our life, even in the bad luck we have good luck shining through.

Please pass on to Pat our best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Be sure to take of yourself, too!

Looking forward to seeing you both this fall.

Don and Mary Ann

PancakeBill said:
As I say about our life, even in the bad luck we have good luck shining through.

That is so true, Bill.  I'll be forever grateful that the biggest medical crises of my life happened on forum member Dr. Russ Mahoney's turf.  You just can't plan these things.  Can only be thankful for the blessings.

Margi

Bill,

No word on recovery time or travel yet. I expect we'll hear today or tomorrow, especially if she is released tomorrow.

She was most disappointed that she could not attend the Change of Command and retirement ceremony yesterday at the Coast Guard Station. The outgoing C.O. said he will visit her today at the hospital. That will certainly brighten her day! :)

Jim --

We are glad to hear that Pat is doing well.  Hope this doesn't delay you too much and that you will be able to make the graduation.

Our current plans have us home on June 12.  Cheryl has been fighting a leg injury for the past 9 weeks and we have cut 9 days off our trip.

Frank,

Sorry to hear Cheryl is not well. Hope you can get it cleared up quickly. We may be leaving Florida the day after you return. The Doctor told Pat yesterday that he might let her come home today and we could start our travels a week from this coming Wednesday.

That will mean a quick run to CT for the graduation and then another to get to Yellowstone by July.

Jim Dick said:
Frank,

Sorry to hear Cheryl is not well. Hope you can get it cleared up quickly. We may be leaving Florida the day after you return. The Doctor told Pat yesterday that he might let her come home today and we could start our travels a week from this coming Wednesday.

That will mean a quick run to CT for the graduation and then another to get to Yellowstone by July.

Cheryl's leg is progressing, but has occasional setbacks.  We think it best to see if home rest and physical therapy can speed her recovery.

We loved watching the animals in Yellowstone, even though the snow & sleet curtailed our activities there a good bit.  We're sorry we couldn't have been there when you are.  Bill was out the day we made it to Old Faithful, but we did get to talk to Jolene.

We hope Pat gets out of the hospital today and that you get the green light for next week!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom