How would one get a rally started?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stick a flag in the ground, post your location on the Forum and say "Here I am".....

Wendy is exactly right!  The very first forum rallies were started by members who simply stated on the forum that it would be fun to get together face-to-face.  During ensuing conversations online a date was set, a place picked out, and it just happened. 

One of the first, not THE first, was held at 49er Village in Plymouth, California.  (In the gold country up in the hills above Stockton.)  Attendees came from Washington State, Maine, Texas, Oregon, Northern and Southern California, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia and I'm sure I've forgotten other places.

Margi

Perhaps if someone is willing to step up and organize it?  That was 17 years ago.  Times for the original attendees have changed since then.  ::)  We're not old, you understand .... just getting a little past our warranty period!  ;D ;D 

Many of us are still online lurking on the activities of all you young sprouts as you enjoy the lifestyle and adventures we treasured so dearly.  The beat goes on, so to speak, and we love reading about your travels.

Margi

Tom and Margi said:
Perhaps if someone is willing to step up and organize it?  That was 17 years ago.  Times for the original attendees have changed since then.  ::)  We're not old, you understand .... just getting a little past our warranty period!  ;D ;D 

Boy is that ever true around here.  Too many or us are having maintenance/repair problems.    :)

Mini rallies are those informal spontaneous get togethers when  RVForum members say "Here I am, who else is here?" 

The more  planned rallies begin with a Leader or  host who posts few details, the planned dates, RVPark reservation numbers and activities in the area.  Those interested say so on line, make a reservation with park and come.  So that's it.

Back in the late 90s a group of us that were then in New England had 3 or 4 rallies that were formed by a few just stating that they would be at X campground with the dates. The same thing happened to form a few rallies in Arizona a few years ago. It?s also how we started the Catalina SP News Years Rally.
There is no Forum rally structure. It is what you want. You could just pick a place and dates and see if anyone else wanted to come - or - you could suggest at time frame and a general area and see if there was any interest in working out the details.

ken

I've been kicking around the idea of hosting a mini rally here (link in sig). In the summer the grass is dry and won't be harmed by heavy rigs. The ground here is a bit "stony" :D

mavarick came over and eyeballed my gate, he declared it OK for a 40 footer. I may widen it  in the future but that will take care of most.

Back
Top Bottom