Advice on Readybrake/Blue Ox baseplate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiogaearl31

I am about to start the installation of my Readybrake system on an 03 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am installing a Blue Ox base-plate at the same time.
Does anyone have experience in mounting the brake cable and routing it on the Jeep? And/or experience with mounting the base-plate?  If so I would welcome your advice/experiences good or bad. I am sure the knowledge is out there to make the job a little easier.
Thanks,
Earl

I mounted a Blue Ox base plate and Ready Brake system on my 99 Wrangler a while back. It was pretty straightforeward. I ran the cable up the center, then up past the motor mount on the drivers side. Here's a couple of pics. The Cherokee should be similar especially if it has the 6 cylinder. One thing on the base plate, if it has you using the existing three bolts on the steering box, just take out the front one first and mount the front hole of the base plate to it kind of firm, but not tight, then remove the other two and swing the base plate up til it aligns with the other holes. That way you are not having to try and remount the whole steering box and the baseplate at the same time.

Attachments

• RBrs5.jpg
    RBrs5.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 12
  • RBrs4.jpg
    RBrs4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 9
  • RBrs3.jpg
    RBrs3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 10
  • RBrs2.jpg
    RBrs2.jpg