Splendide Control hanging...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afchap

Last night I closed the gray tank (normally leave it open when on full hookups) in planning to dump the black this morning and use the gray water to flush the hose. When I went to bed apx 11pm I started a load of clothes in the Splendide 2100. I woke up a little after 4am and heard water running in the Splendide. It was hung up at the start of the rinse cycle ...I bumped the control knob and it resumed operation. Then I remembered closing the dump valve ...went outside and found water running out the bottom of the coach and down the street. Fortunately, the Splendide was draining while it was filling ... and fortunately we have a leak in the gray tank when it is overfilled, causing it to run into the underbelly and find ways out to the ground rather than overflowing the shower/sinks. It did get the cloth bottom of the adjacent storage bay damp on the side by the water bay where most of the water was leaking out.  As I recall, the Splendide did this to us once several years ago but that time I had the drain open...

Any Splendide experts out there who can educate me on the control knob ...and keeping it from hanging??

...guess I won't be washing any clothes while sleeping or gone in the future !!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom