Sutherlin, OR mini-rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom and Margi

The anticipation is killing me! 

Tomorrow (Saturday 6/2) we get to reconnect with four of my favorite RV Forum members:  the handsome and talented Terry Brewer and his beautiful wife, the lovely Betty Person who we all treasure;  AND the talented and hard-to-FINALLY-retire Ken Kuch and his wonderful wife, the lovely Sheila June.  (My husband adores her, but I forgive her for that because she's so dang cute, loving and once sent me the best bouquet EVER when I was seriously ill.)

Let the RV Forum good times roll.  ;D 

Margi

Margi, please remember to take your camera! Thanks.

Margi,

I'm sorry but it looks like we may be bringing rain with us - hopefully it can hold off a day.

ken

Tom and Margi said:
The anticipation is killing me!

Me too, I've been thinking of dusting  off my Mexican Train game.  I've reviewed the photos of us since 1995 and  warn you we  looked better then. We have been so enjoying your state of Oregon.  Saw the Umpqua Lighthouse today and watched oysters being shucked at Umpqua Aquatic Farm.  I bought  Marion berry balsamic vinegar from a local store and dined at Dairy Queen today for an afternoon snack. ( It was Ken's idea)    The Views from Salmon Harbor in Winchester Bay are  million dollar.  We are drycamping and loving the gentle fog rolling in.  Even with all the  beauty of the environment, we  know our enduring  friendship with some of our  original RVForum friends will  be a highlight of this year! 

Sheila June and Betty Person have had many a memory of  you folks and we come with  memories, stories and hopes of hugs and  laughs. Get ready!

Ken & Sheila said:
Margi,

I'm sorry but it looks like we may be bringing rain with us - hopefully it can hold off a day.

ken

Rain?  In Oregon?  Surely you jest!  ;D  If it pours, we'll head for the biggest, longest, Kuch rig.

Margi

Betty Brewer said:
I've reviewed the photos of us since 1995 and  warn you we  looked better then.

If you think YOU'VE changed, you ain't seen nothin' yet!  We've played Mexican Train exactly once, with friends in Texas.  Don't remember that we were very talented in that regard.  ::)  Can hardly wait to see you guys!  Local weather man is predicting rain.  The good news:  he's hardly every right!

Margi

A little rain will not dampen this rally, if need be we will have it in our home.  I am getting ready for my hugs!!!!  See you all tomorrow, that is if I can tear myself away from here.  WE LOVE IT!!

Sheila June

Hey guys -

I'm in Salem, OR on a car trip, heading south.  Wish I saw this thread yesterday.  Anyone available tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon for lunch?

A day late and dollar short as usual....

Lou - Tentative plans (set in jello) are for all of us to have breakfast Sunday morning here in Sutherlin.  Can you make that?  Brewers and Kuchs will then travel on to Eugene for service and maintenance.

Margi

We were hoping to stop at Sutherlin, since we have never gotten that far, on our way to Lincoln City next week. Looks like we will just miss all the Mexican domino action (we call 'em Mexican dominoes where we come from).

We hope to spend the rest of the year in Oregon and Washington since Betty "diverted" us to Yellowstone last year (boy, are we thankful for that!).

Have fun, but please dry some of the rain out!

What time Sunday morning?  I'm signed up for 2 nights at this Motel 6 as I have some errands to run in Salem today.

Or an alternate plan - how about another mini-rally in Eugene Sunday afternoon, followed by a visit in Sutherlin on Monday?

Don't know the time for breakfast yet.  Ken and Sheila have arrived but Brewers have not yet.  Will decide when we all get together this afternoon.

I volunteer in the office 10-2 on Mondays while Tom volunteers 8 hours mowing lawns at the V.A. in Roseburg.  Wally and Helaine will be here Monday as far as I know.  Ooops ... Jacks and Jills meet Monday at 1:00 pm.  Helaine is president this year and Wally does the microphones.  We're not making it easy for you, are we!  ;D

Margi

Kim - Please let us know when you'll be coming through Sutherlin.  It's always nice to meet other forum members.

Margi

Lou - The notorious non-planners now have a plan!  We're meeting in the Timber Valley boondock area tomorrow morning (Sunday 6/3) at 9 a.m. and will have breakfast at Pat's Kozy Kitchen, 157 North State Street in Sutherlin. 

Margi

I remember the good ol' days when when us forum Mom-types would knock on your door after noon at Quartszite to make sure you were alive!  We'll be glad to see you if and when when we see you, Lou. ;D

Margi

We're so fortunate to have made such good friends in our RV travels.  It was absolutely wonderful to see, hug and jabber with Betty, Terry, Ken and Sheila.  There are no dead spots in these conversations!  Just try to get a word in edgewise.  Lou surprised us at breakfast this morning.  He left Salem at 7 a.m. just so he could join us at 9:00.  (Those who know Lou know what a huge deal this is.  ;D )

Tom and I were derelict with the photos, but Wally, Terry and Betty will probably post some soon.

Margi

Lou leaving Salem at 10 am would have been a surprise, him leaving at 7 am is a shock ! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macamiguin
Back
Top Bottom