Route 73 into Townsend, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cougar3514v

We were thinking about a trip to Townsend, TN to visit one of the campgrounds there.  The quickest way for me to come from eastern Tennessee is to go through Pigeon Forge then take Wears Valley Rd (TN route 73) into Townsend.  I'm very familiar with the trip into Pigeon Forge, but according to Google Maps, Route 73 looks pretty twisty going from PF into Townsend.  I have a 31' fifth wheel that I tow with a long bed, crew cab F-350. Has anyone taken this drive in a big rig?  Is it rough?

-Dave

I have driven over RT 73 from Pigeon Forge, but have never towed the trailer over it. It is rarther twisty, but I think I would tow our 30 ft fiver over it. You just can't
go 55-60 is all

Dave

While camping in Gatlinburg last week, I decided to drive to Townsend to see what route 73 was like and to check out campgrounds.  As Dave said, it's a little twisty, and I noticed that a few of the overhanging tree branches are a little low.  There's one particularly tight hairpin turn, but it looks like there's plenty of pavement to make the turn.  Overall, it looks like a pretty drive.  We have reservations at Tremont CG next week.  I'll give you a shout to tell you how it went.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom