Trying to make good use of my time

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I check the "Shade Tree" every few days to see what you're doing Carolyn.  You get more done than women half your age!  :)  Glad you two have been able to get away for a few days of R&R.  Thanks for posting pic of the MH...lookin' good!  Have a nice time and I'll keep checking to see how you are doing!  :)

Margaret

Oh, Carolyn, I'm just so happy to hear your "old girl" is back on the road and that she's looking so good.  And, most of all, that you're loving her!  ;D  Hope you and Sue Anne have a wonderful rest in what looks like a really nice place.

ArdraF

We are having a pretty good time.  Galveston looks better then it has in quite awhile.  We have driven around and there is still a lot of bad looking houses, but we have also seen clusters of brand new houses in subdivisions that really look nice.

Also things like this Pleasure Pier and Schlitterbaun will bring people in and they seem to be.

Attachments

• Sue Anne 006.JPG
    Sue Anne 006.JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Sue Anne 008.JPG
    Sue Anne 008.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Sue Anne 002.JPG
    Sue Anne 002.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Sue Anne 003.JPG
    Sue Anne 003.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Galveston Pleasure Amusement Pier 003.JPG
    Galveston Pleasure Amusement Pier 003.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 53
Anyone ever heard of a Rexall Airex?  There is one beside us, came in around 1:30 this morning.  It's turqoise and creme color.  Not sure of the length as they got it and the jeep in without unhooking, maybe 36 or 34ft?  Neat looking motorhome.

We put the only rental on the market we intend to sell.  It was put on Monday, I had 4 lookers that day, 1 wanted to make a low ball offer.  Another made an all cash offer,  It was off the list price $5900, I sent an email told them full price, and I was not paying for a survey, its a typical subdivision lot, probably been surveyed to death.  They took it. No contingencies of any kind, I pay title insurance and my realtor, that's it.  They got a great house only 7 years old in pristine condition.

I had rented it for a year, we won't make much off it a small profit, but it was going to be a bear to rent.  We and others in the neighborhood were having all kinds of people with 5 people in the family 3 or 4 cars wanting to rent tiny 1100 sq ft houses.  Many had no ids, no ss numbers.  The landlords had to start asking for all kinds of stuff and credit checks for all adults, I don't know what the deal is there.  Lots of houses are selling but for very low prices. I just helped set a higher comp, I am sure it would have appraised for more, but finding comps at this time is a problem.  They will go up a lot more over the next few years but us being in Indiana and trying to care for that one would be a real problem.  Likely get torn up so I think this is the best way to go.  Of course I would like to have gotten more, who wouldn't but sometimes you have to be realistic. The rest of our renters want to stay and I want them to as we need the income in retirement, there are a couple of guys that will take care of them if I need them to.

Carolyn,  Looks like you two are having a great time.  Glad you finally got away to relax a little bit.  I'm having a hard time trying to picture you relaxing at all. :)

Galveston looks like a good place to camp.  Lots to do.  I think it might be in our future.

Good luck with the move and keep us posted.

Robin

It rained and blew last night. It didn't budge the old Eagle.  Our nice little Winnie used to rock and sometimes I would have to pull in the slides, or felt like I did, afraid I would lose my slide toppers.  At least I thought to roll up my window awnings before I went to bed, good thing.

Today we went on the Duck Boat tour and then to Moody Garden but got there to late so only got to go to one show.  It had been awhile since we have been down here and there are lots of things to do here.

We are heading home in the morning, I have so much to do this week.  Need to get my handyman to help me button up the trailer load of stuff I'm taking north.  I told hubby it may be December before we get out of here, that will allow him 2 trips to get a lot of tools moved.  I will likely be there for 3 weeks or so to get a garage going.  I want to at least get the foundation done before cold weather sets in and we need to get the driveway entrance off the state highway widened and a fence with double automatic gates coming in off the road if I can, will help keep noisy people out.

I should be asleep, not sure what time checkout is but the park doesn't have that many people so I don't think it will matter to much.  I bet its packed next weekend.

I saw an RV park just off 61st didn't realize it was there, would have gone there it was certainly close in, will if we come back again.

We had a great time, no motorhome issues, the old girl just purred along, I was so proud of her!!  I shouldn't brag, she might fall apart next time out, but so far so good, of course we didn't go far.

But we still had fun.

Attachments

• Galveston 030.JPG
    Galveston 030.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Galveston 001.JPG
    Galveston 001.JPG
    281.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Galveston 015.JPG
    Galveston 015.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Galveston 018.JPG
    Galveston 018.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 37
Some more pics

Attachments

• Galveston 033.JPG
    Galveston 033.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Galveston 022.JPG
    Galveston 022.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Galveston 002.JPG
    Galveston 002.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Galveston 013.JPG
    Galveston 013.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Galveston 017.JPG
    Galveston 017.JPG
    391.8 KB · Views: 49
Some more

Hey I did good, look at the goodies I won Sue Anne!!

The Rainforest Cafe!

Attachments

• Galveston 024.JPG
    Galveston 024.JPG
    381.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Galveston 027.JPG
    Galveston 027.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 55
The End

Attachments

• Galveston 028.JPG
    Galveston 028.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Galveston 029.JPG
    Galveston 029.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 45
Great pictures of you and Sue Ann!  You both look like you're happily enjoying a well deserved vacation.  :D

Margi

Thank you for sharing such fun photos of your good times!  The rig is looking good as are the two of you!

Thank you for the Galveston pics. We used to go to Galveston often but had not gotten back since the big storm a few years ago. We really enjoyed seeing how things have changed. You are now getting rewarded for all those hours of work on the RV, congratulations.

Things are finally moving along as they should, had a stressful few weeks.

I have things together to close on the new house in Indiana on the 14th.  Am closing on a rental house sale on Friday.  Was on the market for 2 days last week, got inspection, I fixed a few minor items and we are closing this Friday!  Full price all cash sale, now that's a deal.

So I'm closing on the new house in Indiana, and likely while I'm up there will be finalizing the farmland sale.  Hated to sell it, has been in the family since ggrandad, but it wasn't a lot of land, no place we were ever going to live and the land price was excellent so I let it go.  Will almost pay for the new house 8 years old and 4 acres, so a good deal.

The 10th we are leaving for up there for 2 or 3 weeks to try and get stuff done.  I am hauling a 20 ft trailer Tom built sides on and my handyman tarped and roped down for me today, its full up 4 ft with "stuff", haven't made a dent here, hope Tom's new 2500 can haul it, he says it won't even know its behind there.

That trip will be a hoot, Sue Anne, me, our 69 pound dog, our old kitty in her carrier.  Dog does not like cats!!  However he will not bother her with us there, still may prove interesting.  I doubt I can stop at a hotel as likely half the load would be gone when I came out (thinking about it that might be the best thing to do!) so will have to catnap in rest parks with trying to feed, water, and let her relieve herself kitty while we have to get out and walk the dog so kitty can do her thing.  I am going to drag in there absolutely dead tired, probably take me forever.  Nobody will be happy by the time we get there.  On the way home we can stop at a hotel so will be ok.  Then I will have to repeat this several times I'm sure.

While there need to see about getting driveway widened, need culvert input at state road it fronts on, he said we need 15 foot added to get motorhome in and out and trailer, especially in winter.  Tom wants a picket fence and 2 automatic gates all across the front.  Need to see about getting the motorhome and other garage built.  Having a carpenter build out the closet it has skimpy metal racks, and sheetrock out a storage room above the garage for seasonal clothes, etc.  Not loading the basement down with stored items.  So I doubt I get all that done but maybe I can some of it.

I will be ready to run away after that! 

Oct 11th Tom comes in, has to get 2 places of skin cancer cut out of his arm the 16th they are both carcinomas. Then after a couple of days head back to Indiana.  I hope to have the trailer loaded again so at least he doesn't have to do that while recuperating, hope they aren't to deep.  I will be tired for months!!

Well better get to bed, have to meet my plumber at the new rent house.  Tenant ran washer and was outside and saw water running out, sounds like drain was not connected, hope that's all it was.  I don't need more issues right now.  So moving right along whether its the right thing to do or not!!  Later all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom