22ft Enclose race car trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moldtech

Does anyone have experience towing an enclosed car carrier behind a DP.  I am looking at purchasing a 1998 38ft Fleetwood Discovery, Cummins 5.9, rated at 5000lb towing capacity and I will be reaching that capacity or a little over.  Can any of you racer guys out there give me some advise.

moldtech, I had a similar question.  Unfortunately, the RV forms don't help much, I had to go to the Racing & Off-Road forums to get answers.  Most of the RV people don't like to hear you are towing big heavy load, and are gong to be over weight.  Go into the Racing & Off-Raod forums, and those guys are all way over weight towing all their toys, 10K-20K over weight.

Here is what I ended up going with, http://www.trailertoad.com/, this little deal is not cheap, but it will allow you to tow whatever you want once you have one.  I did not want to flat tow my Jeep, wanted to use a car hauler, but it was going to put me over weight.  With the Toad, I can now haul whatever trailer I want to.  Neat invention, but just like all neat and cool things, those are just another word for more money.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom