anything between Salt Lake City and Seattle this months?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jan Stiskala

I am leaving with my wife Olga Salt Lake City 20th of June and heading slowly to Seattle.
I would like to met some friendly members on the way. Is anybody planning anything similar?
I will be traveling slowly to make it to Seattle about 6th of July.

Cheers
Jan

That would be great. I would love to meet with you and have a drink at evening. I think that best would be to let you know when I will be closer to your place. My email is [email protected]

Looks like you like flying, I did bit of flying on microlights in Australia.

Cheers
Jan

If you come up the coast of Oregon, Framily that includes the Kuch's, the Weimarts, the Bertrams, the Delkers, and the Dobrins are all in and around Lincoln City!

You might even see the whales of Depoe Bay!

We, too, are headed towards Seattle, but much slower, probably.

Enjoy your trip!

FYI - it's in the 50's and 60's here on the coast!  ;D

skyking4ar2 said:
If you come up the coast of Oregon, Framily that includes the Kuch's, the Weimarts, the Bertrams, the Delkers, and the Dobrins are all in and around Lincoln City!
I am also on the coast, but further south in Northern California headed all the way to Seattle. I won't be getting to Seattle until the end of September. I would love to stop by and say hello if we pass.

Kim - I am also a coast wanderer this year except my trip is more of a straight line from San Diego to Port Angeles and then a stop in Seattle. Seattle was not originally on my list since it is not on the coast, however I discovered there is a Richard Petty Driving Experience near Seattle and for $400 I can drive a real race car on a real race track. And the King Tut exhibit is in Seattle and I am dying to see that.

I won't be going near Woodland but I will be in Port Angeles around the middle of September so hopefully we can hook up then. Please keep this post updated so I know where you are.

Tom,

I almost hate to tell my bride about the Richard Petty thing. She drove in Dale Jarrett's school at Talladega and you will never wipe the grin off her face. I tried one of the school's in Memphis, but found I was claustrophic in race gear. Been flying small planes for 32 years, but had to pop right out of that cockpit and dive out the window. Good times.

Kim

skyking4ar2 said:
I almost hate to tell my bride about the Richard Petty thing. She drove in Dale Jarrett's school at Talladega and you will never wipe the grin off her face. I tried one of the school's in Memphis, but found I was claustrophic in race gear. Been flying small planes for 32 years, but had to pop right out of that cockpit and dive out the window. Good times.

I have been in a submarine to 800 feet, I have skydived (skydove?) out of a plane at 14,000 feet and I am just dying to add a race car experience to my bucket list. The weird thing about that is I dislike NASCAR and you could not pay me to watch a race. However the Imax NASCAR movie is one of my favorite Imax movies and I am dying to drive a NASCAR. Maybe it is because I used to drag race my 69 Cougar Eliminator with a 428 (12.9 sec). Or maybe it is because I am weird.

They also offer a ride along experience where for $100 you can ride with a pro. The difference is the pro won't have a governor and can get up to 200 mph.

Since Jan is past this part of his trip ( he and his wife did stay with us ) and we have recycled the thread, I'll leave the 5th wheel at the beach lot in Ocean Shores for the month of August, and come out on a few weekends. I can meet folks out there if so inclined. As always, you are all welcome to stop by the house if we are around. We have room for a pretty decent rally right here.
Next, we have reservations at Cape Disappointment on August 13~15, and then a driving trip to Long Beach WA for the Labor Day weekend.

You guys should have test drove (test driven?) an RV at the Phoenix Good Sam rally.....they did the test drives on the race track. And I believe there are places where you can drive your own car on the track.

Tom, Have you ever been to a Nascar race? There's something about the sound and the smells that is indescrible. It should be on your bucket list. Maybe you'll hate it, but maybe not :)

And to get back to the original post, we'll be passing from SLC to central, altho I suspect no one else will be in the area :)

Wendy

Wendy said:
Tom, Have you ever been to a Nascar race? There's something about the sound and the smells that is indescrible. It should be on your bucket list. Maybe you'll hate it, but maybe not :)
Nope, I have never been to a Nascar race and I really doubt I ever will. It is the sounds and the smells that keep me away. I can't stand the sound of loud engines. I can't stand the smell of beer. I could start the engine of my RV, douse my head with beer and stick my head next to the exhaust and get the same effect, except for the crashes. The thought of watching cars drive in a circle for four hours makes me ill.

It's not the smell of the beer, it's the smell of the engines. But if you don't want to go, then you won't go. But you'll never know what you're missing. You might try a small local track, they're lots of fun.

Wendy

Jerry and Ardra had a great experience trackside at an Indy 500 race. I couldn't begin to explain it the way they did. Here's the link:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=5398.msg47780;topicseen#msg47780

Wendy - You are putting me in a awkward position here. I cannot really explain why I won't go to a Nascar race without upsetting some people on this forum so I will have to keep my mouth shut. (hard to believe, I know, but I have found out I can't "call 'em like I see 'em" like other people do) But just trust me that I wouldn't go to a Nascar race or even a local race under any conditions.

Who might get upset? In almost 20 years here, I don't believe I've seen anyone get upset because someone explained why they didn't want to go to a NASCAR race  ???

I sure wouldn't go, but we have kids who go. Personally, I couldn't stand the noise, although I'd have other reasons for not going.

Tom said:
Who might get upset? In almost 20 years here, I don't believe I've seen anyone get upset because someone explained why they didn't want to go to a NASCAR race  ???
Because Nascar is very popular and to some people it is like a religion. I just don't want to upset anyone. I have done enough of that already around here. I am trying to be a good boy. I have had my opinions upset people here too often so I am trying not to express opinions that make any more people mad at me.

Wendy, I have to agree with Tom S.  I detest car races such as Nascar; I can't handle fuel smells and the noise is nearly as bad.  My head would explode with a migraine.  I've been to the Indy 500 race once and am pretty sure I'll not go again.

However, I would recommend a Dressage Horse Show, it's a bit like watching cement harden..... 8)

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
However, I would recommend a Dressage Horse Show, it's a bit like watching cement harden..... 8)
Marsha~

Surely you joke, even my son and DIL do not indulge themselves in that part of the world of horses.  On the other hand they will watch all day the Irish Cob pony's, AKA as gypsy horses,or Vanners, perform.  I have to admit they are great to watch as they are like miniature Clydesdale's.

Back about 20 or 30 years ago when I actually used to watch the Olympics on TV my favorite sport to watch was ice skating figures. My second favorite sport to watch was Curling. These two sports are the polar opposites of racing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom