Needed..ratchet pull-in for slideout-Winnebago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winnie32v

I bought a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32v and as I read the Owner's Manual, I realized that I was supposed to have a Ratchet device that is used to pull in the coach slide-out when the hydraulics don't work.  It "hooks" to the top entry step and attaches to the slide and there is a 'ratchet/crank' that will pull in the slide.

Guess what!...It is supposed to be stored behind the large drawer under the rear dinette seat AND IT'S NOT THERE!!!!!

So, I would like to know if anyone has one they would like to get rid of OR where I could go to get a used one...maybe from a used parts dealer, etc.
Don't want to buy a new one due to cost. 
Somewhere there must be a old one laying around.
This is something I never hope to use but would like to have one "just in case".......we've all been there at one time or another......

All advice would be appreciated.  This is the best place to go for locating items of this nature...This forum's resources are unbelievable.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
Paul

Winnebago supplied a ratcheting box end wrench (about 7/8" or whatever size the bolts are).  You can buy a new one for $15 to $20 or use a regular socket and ratchet to pull up the long bolts.  After having to use the system one time with two people and two ratchet wrenches and about a 30 minute non-stop job, I bought a air impact wrench and the proper socket hoping to never use it to pull in the slide.

Edit:  I just found the wrench and it is a 13/16" on one end and 7/8" on the other.  The 13/16" is what it takes to screw in the bolt.

Bill

We have a 2007 Voyage 35L and found the ratchet and extensions for manually retracting the bedroom slide were missing. It would be easy to purchase the ratchet from Sears or any other hardware store, but the extensions are specific to the application. I made the mistake of ordering directly through our dealer and the Winnebago price is pretty high. I have them now and at least have the peace of mind in knowing I have the right tools if they are ever needed.

winnie32v needs a different device. I have one with my 99 Brave. It is a winch with cable. A come-a-long will probably work.

Yep, on my '02 Brave it was stored in the compartment just aft of the door. I looks like a winch you would expect to see on a boat trailer but has a web strap instead of a cable. It has its own handle just like a boat winch. Never had to use mine and don't remember what the book had for instructions.

Jerry

Found the OEM ratchet in the parts catalog for my unit.
Looks like this:

From pg 166 of the parts catalog:
116101-02-F31 Strap - winch - 34" Center Bracket/Strap End
11602-03-02B  Bracket - Winch
115767-02-000  Winch - Slideout w/10' strap
  I think the last one is the complete assembly.

This link may get you there: (pg 166)

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/wincd/2001/1wpg32v.pdf

I'll have to call the 'parts guy' for the price + ship/Handl.

Anyone have a spare one of these laying around?

Thanks,
Paul

Now that you have the proper part numbers, you might try giving Lichtsinn (www.Lichtsinn.com a call. They will be able to give you a price over the phone and get it to you quickly. I've used them a number of times in the past and they are a pleasure to deal with. They might even be able to suggest a more economical alternative for you.

TNROY said:
Now that you have the proper part numbers, you might try giving Lichtsinn (www.Lichtsinn.com a call. They will be able to give you a price over the phone and get it to you quickly. I've used them a number of times in the past and they are a pleasure to deal with. They might even be able to suggest a more economical alternative for you.
Thanks,
I have now 2 places to check on prices.
I'll keep all of you informed.
Thanks again for all of the effort that these forum members put into helping others out.
Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom