Congrats, Once Again for Jim Dick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And remember not to let those gators open their mouths. They have really weak muscles for opening their mouths but can snap that jaw shut fast with an incredible amount of pressure.

Wendy

Wendy,

So true!!! One can hold their jaws shut with their hands but once they latch on there's no opening until they are ready or unconscious! Nature is just amazing!!!

Jim Dick said:
Jan,

I understand that the American Crocodile is the same way. They think humans taste good. :)

Jim only difference between Gator and Australian salty is the speed and aggressive behaviours.
Aussie salty is one of the most dangerous. Kills more people in Australia than sharks do.
You just go to Ocean for the swim and they wait for you calmly sitting on the bottom.

I was there, didn't get in the water.  Wanted to, but the weather was uncooperative.  Maybe it was a good thing.

Jim Dick said:
Jan,

If I ever get to Australia, I'll stay out of the water. :)
If I ever get to Australia I'll never get out of the water :D I am a scuba diver ;D The Great Barrier Reef is one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Visible from the moon. At 1400 miles long it is the largest living thing on earth. Some of the very best scuba diving on the planet.

I spent a few years scuba diving. At this point in my life I'm not sure I could go very deep. Got rid of all my dive gear after we went full time in the coach. Loved it when doing it, would love to do it again, but time has a way of changing one's directions. :)

Jim Dick said:
I spent a few years scuba diving. At this point in my life I'm not sure I could go very deep. Got rid of all my dive gear after we went full time in the coach. Loved it when doing it, would love to do it again, but time has a way of changing one's directions. :)
I feel the same way, I loved doing it but then I retired and could no longer afford it. I can now afford it but I have sold all the gear. I will be in the Florida Keys next year and I am definitely going to get wet. My O-rings have all dried out. Gotta buy an underwater camera first. I certainly would not go deep if I took it up again. I was a hard core diver all through the 80s. I was a member of the Ventura County Sheriffs Underwater Search and Rescue Team for a few years. I was diving just about every weekend and I went past 100 feet almost every time I went diving. First dive only of course, the rest of the day I would stay above 33 feet. God I miss fresh abalone and lobster... :p :-X :'(

I still dive time to time, but there is so much to do and so many things to see and only one life time.
Crocs are mainly problem in top end. Great barier reef is reasonably ok.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom