Canon in the Parks is BACK!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/06/04/canon-photo-workshop?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=generic

Bill:  I signed on, but after reading more information gleened from several other folks, I doubt I will attend.  I have no interest in borrowing their equipment for an outing.  I have my own and all this is is a promotion to try to sell you some new equipment.

Ron, they do not sell anything at the event.  The good part is walking with their pro's, or trying ut the lins you have your eye on.  In the past they had some cool evening programs as well.

Ron, it is not a big promotion to try and sell you equipment. I have done two Canon Photography in the Parks. You can use any of their equipment if you wish, but there is no pressure, they are equally happy if you bring your own camera. It doesn't even matter what brand of camera it is or what level you shoot at. It is a free workshop period. In fact, the first one I attended I had a Canon 20d and I wanted to try out a Canon 5D ff camera. I didn't like it so I ended up upgrading to a 50D instead, which sold for about half of what the 5D sold for. I really enjoyed trying out the macro circle flash units. If I ever get into macro heavily I will have to get one.

In fact, they don't have anything to sell you and they don't even know the prices.

Exactly.  The year I was able to attend I was in a worksop with George Lepp.  e was very knowledgable.  In the evening he did a talk. 

A press release here about the program. Not a lot of info, and refers you to Facebook (sorry - I don't use it). Canon's own web page about the program just says their page will be ready shortly, and to check back for more info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom