Help!! Do I need a 4-way or 7-way connector?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ednkerry

I'm borrowing a family friend's pop up camper. It's a 1994 Coleman "CA 220."  He's unsure which one I need. Is there anyway I can find out so I can purchase the right wiring for my Jeep?  Experienced campers please help!

he needs to go look at the plug. that is the only way.
Ask him these questions:
1) is it round or flat?
2) if it is round, how many connections around the edge?
3)are those connections round or flat?

I saw it... It was rectangular shaped.  Not round. What are the key distinctions to tell which one?  I could always go there and look again. I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Rectangular and flat is probably a standard plug. Look for three and one prongs divided by exposed full length and shielded. For the newer designs, both the seven and four prong connectors I've had are round.
If all else fails, you should be able to get an adapter at Tractor Supply or you can just connect to the wires behind the plug.
Ernie

Sounds like the one they refer to as a boat plug.  Four flat.  It controls only lighting while the 7-way also does braking and a hot wire for  recharging the battery in the trailer, etc.  I assume you have a surge brake and no trailer wheel brakes so it would work fine.  Just check it out before you leave so you know the trailer lights, including brake lights, are set up correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom