Getting RadioActive again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Through the generosity of an old ham buddy, he has loaned me a nice TenTec HF Txcvr and box o'antenna wire.  So time to string up a dipole here in Yellowstone.  He also returned my long time loan of my mobile 10m txcvr.  I think it is time to get my Westy ready, as well as some kind of setup in the motorhome.  I have a dual band UHF/VHF Yaesu in the motorhome, but never got an antenna monted,  Currently on the coach only a CB antenna. 

Both applications have to deal with some fiberglass, so all things are being considered.  On the Westy I am thinking a 10m antenna, mounted to the fg luggage tray over the cab, but grounding to the body just below.  Looking at a Hustler system, they seem to be the old standby for mobile.  I have a couple Comet dual bands for the UHF/VHF.  Just trying to find the right mount.  Oh for a local hamfest!

If you have a rear ladder on your RV, you might consider buying a buddy pole mouting system, available in 1.5 and 2 inches. Then use PVC, fiberglass, or aluminum tent poles as a mast system for many antenna types.  The buddy pole system takes seconds to raise and lower your antennas. Hope this helps !
Deen, W4ANR

Found an Optek hatch mount and their version of the Outbacker.  2 - 80m.  I had an Outbacker on my Passat some years ago and was happy with it.  So far it is my Westy Van that is radioactive, but some of this will transfer over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom