Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

03gsxr

I have a 2002 fleetwood all last summer and up until now all the poer in it was good then my electric decided to take a dump on my just the 12 volt stuff all my wall plugs still worked but my AC,Frig,Water Heater Furnice and lights didnt work so I went outside and hooked up my battery just my luck it was dead so I hooked up my battery charger to the battery and bingo everything works again so I was thinking the inverter was bad so I disconnect the batteryand everything stopped working just as planned yup must be the inverter well I took the inverter out brought it home with me plugged it in and tested it , it was putting out 13.4 volts then I hooked up a car headlight to it and it was bright and while I had the headlight hooked up i tested the volts again and it was still 13.4 volts so the inverter cant be bad can it? Im really stumped here

Phew!  All those words without any punctuation is really hard reading! I gather from it that you aren't getting any 12v power. And why was your battery not connected?

What sort of RV us this? Trailer? Class A Motorhome? Class C motorhome?  And is it really an inverter or (more likely a CONverter (makes 12v from 120v)? Can you identify the make and model is the battery charging thingie, whether converter or inverter?

Do you have a battery disconnect switch? What position is it in?

its a 2002 pioneer and its a converter I bought the camper last summer and like a dummy never checked the battery.

You may need a new battery.  By plugging your RV into 110 volt power, your converter will keep your battery charged to supply 12 v power. If you disconnected your battery all winter, it needs to be charged and the water levels checked.  If it was left in an uncharged state and froze, it might be no good.  A 2002 battery will have lived it's useful life and may have a dead cell or two and need to be replaced.  Check your water levels monthly  and keep it fully charged. 

So, your converter works fine. If you haven't checked the battery(s), that is the place to start. As Keven says, it could well be a goner if it hasn't been cared for over the winter. If the battery is shorted internally or has a completely dead cell, it is quite possible the converter shut down due to an overload on the charging circuit.

Double check for all fuses and make sure there good. Some converters have fuses too and some times there is a fuse at the batteries.

Have the batteries load tested.

Back
Top Bottom