Proper instllation of a new window A/C unit on a Aliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a11igat0r

Ok so... Im back.  Did you really think Id be gone long?

So I bought the Aliner.  Doing work on it now to get it all fixed up some.  Its a work in progress.

Next on my ToDo list is to replace the A/C unit with a better/quieter unit.

Now, first, I know the way they installed the one thats in it now is not really how it should be done. 

The way the A/C is situation on my particular camper is.. its on the driver side under one of the bench seats.  So taking it out and replacing isnt really the issue.

Specifically what I need to know is.. what materials do I need to:

a) properly stabilize it securely, mounted level, and minimize rattling?  Will just some sort of foam blocks work?
b) How can i insulate it so that the warm air goes out the side vent and not back into the RV?  I was thinking about just going to Home Depot or something with the dimensions have them bend a sheet of metal (or something) to fit and just secure it over the A/C unit with some sort of padding around it.  Will that work?  I need the most relatively easy way to do this because I wont have alot of tools with me to do it.

Im open to suggestions. 

I will say... ive searched the net for how to's on aliners... and unfortunately you dont see a whole lot out there. 

I think you have a good handle on it,  For framing I used wood on the window units I installed, then (Depending on the size) you may need to use some sheet aluminum or fiberglass (Boat repair) products to finish the job.

I put mine in a front window on the trailer I put iin, no extension out the side and I was able to put it so the "Hot side) air was all drawn from the outside and exhausted outside just like if it was in a house,, I did add some metal bracing to absorb bouncing by the trailer as I hit potholes.

Worked great.

Back
Top Bottom